2.5 weeks post op; no weight loss for 1.5 weeks

kgjohannes
on 5/5/10 5:31 pm - Lawrence, NJ
Hey fellow banders. Thanks for your posts! I'm sitting here at 3:20 am, only 13 hours post-op obviously unable to sleep... that's another post... although I'm hardly one to give advice, I thought I'd pass along advice given to me just before my surgery. It's be patient with ourselves, and give it time. We just caused major trauma to ourselves by introducing a foreign body to our systems. We disrupted our 'normal' digestive cycle and we're learning how to eat all over again. I'm not stalling yet- heck, I'm not even sleeping yet- but if I get in this situation, I hope someone reminds me that this is a long road. And we can and will rejoice over those 1 and 2 lb losses! So go easy, give it time, be patient and do exactly what you're doing which is following your rules, using the boards, and don't fall off the wagon! Take it meal by meal, choice by choice. Cheers!
CandaceHasCurves
on 5/5/10 9:55 pm - Alexandria, VA
Hi Kg! I hope you got some sleep eventually!!

My weight is still stalled--2 weeks now--at exactly 250. The cardiologist took me off the atenolol thinking it must be that so I'm now tapering off of it and we'll see. I'm hoping weightloss will resume again normally within a week, once that medication is out of my system. I'm also getting my labs drawn, again, for my thyroid (which was "perfect" pre-op but only bc of medication :)) so I'm hoping to get some answers. My Nutritionist said this wasn't normal this soon after surgery...and the cardiologist and endocrinologist seem to agree. So I'm glad I've been proactive and sought help and advice.

...I'll update more once I'm back from the surgeon's office today :)
Candace

Most Active