I'm upset, I gained weight!!

Capricek
on 5/1/10 1:01 am - Riverdale, GA
I just weighed myself and realize that I gained a pound! I've been exercising everyday and eating right. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't had my first fill yet, it will be next week.
Pre Surgery Weight: 265 

Tammy G.
on 5/1/10 9:11 am - Indian Trail, NC

Don't freak out yet --- there are lots of reason you may gain a pound.  Anything from water weight, muscle gain to heavier clothes.   You've lost 23 pounds and that is fantastic.  Celebrate your success, make sure you get your protein and keep moving.    It will happen!!

dmstear
on 5/1/10 1:31 pm
OMG, that is NOT unusual. I can get on the scale tonight and tomorrow be up to 7lbs lighter or heavier. Our weight constantly fluctuates due to water retention. When I weigh myself, I automatically give my self the + or - 5-7lbs before I start freaking out or celebrating. TRUST me!! Anyone can tell you that a few pounds almost NEVER is your fat loss or gain- it's water, clothing, time of day. Weigh your self naked as soon as you wake up, then do the same thing that same night. I guarantee the weight will be different but it does NOT mean you gained or lost fat. It's impossible to gain or loss more that a few pounds over night
CandaceHasCurves
on 5/1/10 11:13 pm - Alexandria, VA
Don't worry!! 1 pound=water retention, either from your muscles retaining it to rebuild after exercise, or hormone fluctuations, or sodium in the food....its all good.

I was losing really good until I had a trip to the ER a week and a half ago and gained 5lbs from the IV fluids--and haven't lost an OUNCE of it since! GRRR! Must have really needed it then, hu? So I feel your pain. But I'm still down 8lbs from surgery; 12-13lbs for the month; so even though this flux is irksome, I still call it a win.

OneRedKansan41
on 5/3/10 2:45 pm
I don't think that is terribly unusual.
scaredeesquirrel
on 5/8/10 10:13 pm - Shrewsbury, PA

We had surgery a day apart.  I think it's just a natural thing.  My loss has slowed down, which, in a way, I think is good.  Slowed down loss makes me feel like it will be a more permanent weight loss at the end of the line. I had been so used to the urgency I felt when I was on a "diet". .  Now, instead of that, I'm trying to stay calm about it.  This is truly the rest of your life stuff.  The fact is, you keep doing things right and your body won't be able to gain weight.  It's just science. I fluctuate nearly every day. But eventually the low number gets lower until it sticks.  Good luck on getting the first fill.  I'll be doing the same thing.  
You already know what fails.  You also know what works.    Pick one.     
Most Active