itchy

Brenda H.
on 4/27/10 8:38 am - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
Did anyone else itch like crazy after you surgery.  It's on week since I had the surgery and my stomach area and upper chest itch like crazy.  Every time my shirt rubs my belly starts to itch again.  Any solutions?

dmstear
on 4/27/10 11:11 am

Are you still on pain meds?? I know the percasets make me itch like crazy
Brenda H.
on 4/27/10 11:50 am - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
no, I stopped taking the pain meds on day 3.  Also, they didn't use anything over my incisions, just the surgical glue and that is not giving me any problems.

Considering_It
on 4/27/10 11:43 am
Percasett made me itch too...oh yeah, and the reaction I had to the tape on the surgical drape where it was in contact with my skin! 
Lisa Y.
on 4/27/10 11:59 pm
No percs for me, but I was itchy too. I put on Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion on my stomach and chest. That helped tremendously!  Make sure you don't get it on your incisions though.  Hope this helps.

Lisa

Brenda H.
on 4/28/10 11:59 am - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
Well found out what the itching was from.  While my mom was at my house she used a different soap on the clothes.  I'm still itching, but at least I know what it's from.

Thanks for all the post.
Brenda

Monica C.
on 5/1/10 6:18 pm
I itched like CRAZY to.  It was unbearable   Hydrocortisone cream REALLY works.  So now I know that I am sensative to tape/adhesive.   

devshan
on 5/2/10 8:40 am - El Paso, TX
I itched like crazy too!!  Percocet makes me itch but so does anesthesia.  While in the hospital I took Benedryl. 

Most Active