I'm asking for help.....

knailnhair
on 4/27/10 4:18 am - Milford, NJ
I'm trying to get back on track. I was banded May 2009, have lost a total of 49ish lbs and 27 inches. Not great in my book but that's another story.

Do you weigh or measure your meals? If so, how much protein to you eat at a meal or do you go by 1 cup of veggies or 1/2 meat? Do you count calories? I know my Doctor has all this information and has provided it to me...I'm just wondering what those of you who are living with the band are doing and how you've succeeded.

I will say I normally have a salad at lunch, I don't weigh it or measure it, I think I'm eating too much....so if you were to have a salad do you measure out every ingredient that is in the salad or just the salad as a whole?

I've been in a funk for about 5 months, looking back its wasted time on my part but that's life...time to stop dwelling and move on. Yes, I'm feeling lost and alone, altho I have a great support team. Doesn't make sense I know.

Unfortuneately the doc forgot to put the band around my head as well as my stomach.

Thanks in advance for all your help.....

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

ckb70
on 4/27/10 5:53 am - Morrisville, PA
I haven't had the best of time either.  I've been over to the Lap Band Forum and there is a lot of talk about a low carb diet (Atkins) and the success they have had.  I've been upset as I gained 4 pounds last week...keeping my calories under 1200...most times under 1000.  I go to the gym and try really hard. 

Anyway, I said what the heck I will give this a try...the other way is not working.  I lodged onto the Atkins site and started the Phase 1 on Sat by Monday I had lost 5 pounds.  Holy Cow...I'm sticking with this and seeing where it takes me. 

Just a thought

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
knailnhair
on 4/28/10 12:33 am - Milford, NJ
Wow that is so awesome!!! I'm so happy that this worked for you!!! Keep going!!!

Its all about finding the right balance....I think my problem is I don't eat enough, strange but true. Plus I started walking last night and that put me in a different frame of mind....and made me not want to chose the wrong foods last night!!!

Thanks for replying!!!

Kimi

Twinels2
on 4/27/10 10:25 am - Morgantown , PA
I am kinda new to the band but, not dieting. I have used the low carb diets and been pretty successful. I would deffinately weigh measure and count cals and carbs. I don't think you need to go drastic with the low carb but, low carb does work for a lot of people. You may also want to get a fill if you can. If you are hungry too often and/or eating too much at a sitting.
They say salad is a slider food and can go through fast. I would make sure it has a few ounces of lean protein with it. I have to eat protein with my meals and snacks or I get really hungry too fast. I hope that helps. You will find your way. I am sure.
Shrinking Sharon

knailnhair
on 4/28/10 12:35 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks for replying Twinels2.....

Whenever I eat my salad I always eat my protein first, actually all my meals are protein first. Always been my rule. I just think I'm eating too much after....

I had a fill in Feb...I have good restriction, anymore and I'd be too tight, so thank God that's not the case.

It's all about balance and hopefully we'll all figure out what works best for each of us!

Good luck to you on your journey!!!

Kimi

Cynthia1968
on 4/28/10 10:14 am - Waynesboro, PA
First of all I want to tell you I love your signature... I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason!

It's great that you aren't looking at thepast and any mistakes you've made, but are looking ahead... that's the most important part... you have the right attitude!

As far as measuring or counting calories... I don't do it.  I just try to eat healthy, and for the most part it's all high protein and low carb.

Just take it one day at a time, and hang in there!

knailnhair
on 4/29/10 4:12 am - Milford, NJ
Thanks for replying Cynthia....one day at a time is all we can do!!! We'll get there!!!

Kimi

Most Active