Bubble of Air

Brenda H.
on 4/24/10 7:41 am - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
I'm on post op day 6 and everything I am eating/drinking makes me feel like there is a big bubble in my stomach.  I spent most of the day walking to move some gas, but I'm not sure if it's gas or it's just tightness from the port.  Anyone else have this issue?

Hill_Star
on 4/24/10 8:58 am
I know exactly what you're talking about. I kept mine for almost a month seemed like. Sometimes even now I feel like that.  The best thing to do to get rid of that feeling is...walk,walk,walk and walk some more. Oh and even taking the Gas-X strips even help sometimes. If its really bothering you and  you don't think its normal...call the doctor. They'll have someone to talk to you over the phone or even may have you to come in to check everything out. Best Wishes
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/10 1:58 pm
Hi! I'm 12 days out, and I am starting to feel a little less of this as the swelling goes down. I'm so ready for my insides to settle back down!!! Probably about 2 days ago I woke up and drinking was suddenly easier.
OT: I made the mistake of taking messurements this morning, and even though I'm down 12 pounds I am still swollen and my waist is up 1 inch. I want this healing thing to be finish
Tom C.
on 4/25/10 1:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Brenda,

Still feeling the pain? Are you eating/drinking too quickly? The feeling could be a minor "stuck" feeling. You may want to try doing this;

Drinking - sip each time instead of gulping. Have a mouthful. Swallow. Wait 30 seconds and repeat.

Eating - put food in your mouth. Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew (notice over 30 times). Swallow. Wait 1 minute, and repeat.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active