post-op pain

scaredeesquirrel
on 4/22/10 10:04 pm - Shrewsbury, PA
 I'm two weeks post op.  Everything feels ok with the exception of one spot.  And it isn't the port....walking is painful...!  Does anyone know if an internal suture can be too tight or get pulled or something?  When I saw the doctor, he said it would get better.  Maybe I'm impatient, but this seems a little out of the ordinary to me.  It's also swollen...any other folk out there having these types of things?
You already know what fails.  You also know what works.    Pick one.     
ckb70
on 4/22/10 11:59 pm - Morrisville, PA
Where is the pain?

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
scaredeesquirrel
on 4/23/10 3:13 am - Shrewsbury, PA
 On the right above one of the incisions.  It's probably where they put the laparoscope in.  (A bigger incision than the others).  It's not read, just sore and a bit puffy.  Hurts mostly when I walk.
ckb70
on 4/23/10 3:15 am - Morrisville, PA
That's where the port is clamped to the muscle...it will get better the muscle is still sore and healing.

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
scaredeesquirrel
on 4/23/10 11:04 am - Shrewsbury, PA
 Thanks for answering..but unfortunately it isn't where the port is located...!  I'm actually beginning to think a nerve is irritated.  Guess I'll give it until Monday and then give a call.  Maybe by then it will be better enough that it won't be necessary.  Keep your fingers crossed!
Lizzied2702
on 4/23/10 7:46 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Same for me, The largest incision is where my port is. its not puffy, but it's pretty well healed but sore.
Tammy G.
on 4/23/10 9:43 am - Indian Trail, NC
One of my incisions got infected and there was a bit of puffiness, no redness, but the incisions was draining which was the sure sign of the problem.   Once I had that cleared up he area around the port was sore for quite some time -- for at least 3 weeks I was sore still.

Tom C.
on 4/25/10 12:39 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
If the pain is continuing, CALL YOUR DOCTOR. While it's probably nothing, it's best to check it out - especially in the beginning. It's always best to be told "that's normal" then to be told "what didn't you contact us when it first happen?".
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active