new surgery date

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/10 11:17 am - Elkhorn City, KY
Hi everyone,
My surgery was suppose to be 4-15 but i had a upper respt. infection and lost my voice. So my Dr. changed it to MAY 5 TH. I haven;t been on here to let my friends know.I was just too sick i am better now back on my allergy shots and I HAVE A DATE i am so excited and nervous . I had a ekg and bloodwork and registered for surgery today. My husband went with me to talk to Dr. Tompkins he was so nice to us. I lost another 9 lbs. He went over the surgery with us and the hernia repair.I only have to stay in the hospital overnight.
Is it just me or does everyone get all nervous and excited at the same time when they finally get the date and know its really gonna happen! Seems like i have waited forever for this! Thank you all for your support i wish all of you the best !

conchita109
on 4/22/10 11:30 am - Greencastle, PA
It is normal to be nervous. You have worked so long and hard to get here.

You will be on the LOSER's BENCH with us soon!! 

Welcome! If you need anything, let me know!!

Connie

Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/10 11:35 am - Elkhorn City, KY
Thank you Connie for your kind words.I need all the support i can get!
conchita109
on 4/22/10 11:41 am - Greencastle, PA
Well, just let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I am mostly on the LAP-BAND forum and not as much on the REALIZE forum. I only am on the LAP-BAND side because it is busier there and I like to read and post alot. 

Here is one tip though....IF you have had anesthesia before and get nauseated...be SURE to ask for anti-nausea meds BEFORE you go in to surgery. They can give you a pill and even place a patch behind your ear (Scopolomine)...it will help tremendously after surgery so you do not get sick!!

Other than that.......have sweet dreams during surgery and when you awaken....take some nice deep breaths, cough some, and when you can walk...get up and walk to help get rid of gas. Use your pain meds as you need them...they will help! Also, when you can drink...take baby sips at a time and you will do great!

Connie

Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/10 11:45 am - Elkhorn City, KY
Thanks i will. I will see you on the lap band forum. The closer the date comes the more support i will need.
ckb70
on 4/23/10 12:03 am - Morrisville, PA
Good luck...you will do well.  It is such an easy surgery!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Considering_It
on 4/23/10 5:24 am
Congrats and good luck :)
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 6:22 am - Elkhorn City, KY
Thanks guys for your kind words.
Most Active