Do you ever think you feel your band/port?

CandaceHasCurves
on 4/21/10 8:04 am - Alexandria, VA
 OK, so this is strange...a few days ago I swear I felt something move inside me--right about where I imagine the port is. It felt like an alien. It was CRAZY.

I'm going to the surgeon tomorrow for a followup but was just curious if anyone else has ever felt this?

Tammy G.
on 4/21/10 10:16 am - Indian Trail, NC
My port is right below my breast.   I can feel it when I run my hand over it and press lightly.  I can also feel it if I bend a certain way.   But I don't feel it moving per se.    I did have some gas bubbles that I could feel move around that was a quite odd feeling though.

CandaceHasCurves
on 4/21/10 10:18 am - Alexandria, VA
 ah! I am going to, obviously, find out exactly where the port is tomorrow...is that high up a normal location?
Cinder1215
on 4/21/10 12:47 pm
I can feel my port, it is below my ribs on my right side.  Don't ever recall it moving tho, or feeling like it was. 

Can't hurt to ask the Dr.

Cindy

MaJack
on 4/21/10 11:35 pm, edited 4/21/10 11:37 pm - Earlsboro, OK
�Mine is right next to my belly button and I swear it moves sometimes when I am exercising. I think mine is lower and much closer to the middle than most.

For a point of reference, if you have a larger incision on your left side, it should be under that incision (mine is off to the right a little)

Megan (228 HW/185 current/125 goal)

Jess36
on 4/21/10 11:57 pm - kenosha, WI
Mine is on the left side under my ribs. I can feel it by running my hands lightly over the area- kind of weird! But I haven't felt it move.
Kenworthlady
on 4/22/10 2:09 am - KY
I can feel my port. If I bend down a certain way it feels like it pokes me in the ribs, rather painful sometimes.
kenworthlady            
Lisa Y.
on 4/22/10 9:10 am
Mine is right in the middle of my abdomen. I can't feel it yet, but maybe after I lose more weight. :)

scaredeesquirrel
on 4/24/10 8:32 am - Shrewsbury, PA
 Yeah, kinda weird, huh?  I was worried that it would bother me when I felt it, but then when I did, it reminded me of when I was pregnant and had a knee rolling around in there.   So it was sort of a familiar feeling!  And...it does feel like an alien.
You already know what fails.  You also know what works.    Pick one.     
PSJ71
on 4/24/10 1:24 pm - Blanchard, OK
Yes, I can feel my port big time. My husband will sometimes will feel it if he touches me in the right spot and it grosses him out. Yes, sometimes if I shift a certain way I can feel it move in my muscle, but it doesn't hurt, it just feels "weird." lol
  Starting WT:  275   Surgery Wt:  248.8   Current Wt: 202.5 Goal:  140

Most Active