grumbling stomach

Brenda H.
on 4/22/10 6:22 am - Dunkirk, MD
VSG on 02/13/12
I'm on day 4 post up and my stomach is grumbling, I'm not sure if it's from the lack of food intake. (I'm only able to do 4 oz of oatmeal, Popsicle, jello, 4 oz protein shakes and tea).  I can't tell if it's from hunger or is is it gas.  I'm having a problem eating anything.  Everything taste nasty.  Any suggestions.  I was told to stay on the liquid soft diet for 2 weeks.  At this rate I'll be nothing by the time I can eat eggs.

Thanks

ckb70
on 4/22/10 6:40 am - Morrisville, PA
Hang in there....I know it's hard but you can do it.  Keep your eye on the prize!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Considering_It
on 4/22/10 6:40 am
It's amusing, isn't it?  My grumbling is from an empty stomache. As soon as I was able to eat full liquids, it improved drastically.
melslongjourney
on 4/22/10 6:42 am
My tunmmy made lots of crazy grumbly noises for about a week or so then it calmed down I never figured out exactly what it was but I think it my stomach getting used to having the band around it. Just remember before you know it you will be past all the post op stuff and eating normal food just have to let your body heal and do exactly what the doc says. I know you are going to get to the goals you want, because when we talked you like me was really ready for this change to happen.

Take care and message me if you need anything, I will do anything I can to help you through.

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Lisa Y.
on 4/22/10 9:05 am

I'm assuming you are on full liquids, not clear.

I'm 9 days post-op. The nasty taste will go away. My suggestion would be to drink more fluids (water, low-cal gatoraide) it will help. A lot of the grumbling is probably gas too. It's amazing how much different I feel today than I did on day 4. I think I spent most of day 4 crying. lol

You can add liquidy mashed potatoes to your menu, it helped me a lot:

1/3c water
1/3c potato flakes
1/3c milk
salt and pepper to taste

You can also have liquidy cream of wheat. Be careful with the oatmeal, you really shouldn't have it until you are on pureed, unless your doc said you could. Sugar-freePudding is also good.

Twinels2
on 4/22/10 9:10 am - Morgantown , PA
Mine did and still does do that! It does get better though. I had the same things your going through now and it is all better. Some foods how ever never do taste the same for me but, I do still enjoy the food I eat. I am sorry your on such a long liquid diet. I was so misserable during that time. My surgeon has a little different schedule but, I know you can do it. It really does go fast and you will most likely lose a good bit during this time so let that keep you going.

Shrinking Sharon

CarolAnn66
on 4/22/10 11:43 pm
I'm on day 4 post op also, My stomach starts at 3:30 am and wakes me up. This is very anoying I get up and drink some water, I think I will try v8 tonight maybe that is more filling. Some of the grumbling may also be the gas.....I have shoulder pain from the gas rising. It will get better.
Tom C.
on 4/25/10 12:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Three more days have passed. Any better?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active