Hair loss

Nicole Wilson
on 4/19/10 9:47 am - Indianapolis, IN
I had my Realize band surgery on 12/13/2008 and now my band is filled to 9.  I woke up this morning and realized alot of hair was on my pillow this morning.  I have never experienced hair loss before and I don't know what I need to do to prevent this.  I just started taking my vitamins today, I was out of them for over a month.  I also don't have much of an appetite either, which is a good thing.  I have only lost 50 lbs so far and I want to lose 50 more before the end of the year.  thanks...
Life is a Beach
on 4/19/10 10:56 am
Are you getting all your protein in (60-80 grams) or whatever your doc/nut recommends? You know you made a mistake by not taking your vitamins for over a month!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Nicole Wilson
on 4/19/10 11:47 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I know about the vitamins......I am not eating enough protein.  Can you remind me again what foods have protein?  thanks...

Nicole
ckb70
on 4/19/10 11:52 pm - Morrisville, PA
You are not getting enough protein...your hair will grow back but you have to eat enough protein.  I love to have Greek Yogurt 0 fat...plain with some splenda.  Depending on the brand you will get at least 20 grams of protein in a little cup.  Drink a protein shake or 2 daily...look for the low carb ones that have 20 grams or more.  And eat some beans, meats and dairy.

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
CandaceHasCurves
on 4/20/10 9:56 am - Alexandria, VA
 yikes!
For me, I know I have to have my thyroid checked everytime my hair starts falling out. Thats one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism...but...it can happen from a million other things...I think you are right-on to suspect vitamins (but I thought that took 3months before it affects the hair?) but I would see the doc....

Good luck....let me know what you find out!
Lisa Y.
on 4/20/10 10:03 am
Here are some ideas...

Protein shakes, meats, fish, beans (not green beans, but kidney), milk, yogurt, eggs

I hope this helps.

Most Active