Too full???

ckb70
on 4/15/10 12:27 am - Morrisville, PA
I had a fill last week and think that I've found my sweet spot.  The past couple of days it's been very hard to eat anything.  Last night I had a couple of turkey meatballs and ate too much...did not get stuck but I overate and had to bring some of it back up.  This morning I tried to eat a spoon full of egg salad which did get stuck and had to bring it back up.  Now I'm sipping on a protein shake and can feel it slowly dripping down.  Do you think I have too much in my band?  Could I just be swollen?

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
renee K.
on 4/15/10 4:24 am - Augusta, GA
That sounds just like I did last month.  for 6 months i was too tight........I didnt go back to the doc because I didnt want him to take any out----------i was so afraid, i only lost 10 lbs in those 6 months, which is amazing because i was eating to survive.  i got stuck on a sip of milk!!  It was horrible!  I had to have a unfill under the flouro, the i drank the chalky stuff, then he put some back in and we watched as I gagged and drank more chalk, etc, he ended up taking out 1/2 cc. which its amazing it makes that much of a difference, but i am not hungry, i have to force myself to eat, and i am steadily losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

DOnt wait too long to go get a slight unfill!!!  I was stupid so please learn from my stupidity!!!!  My doc even understood when i told him why i didnt come back, i was afraid he would totally unfill me and keep it that way................he's in this to help us help ourselves! 

Good luck!

Tom C.
on 4/15/10 6:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

IMHO give it another day or so, and if you see NO improvement - go back and get a little unfill.

Most folks think that if they get an unfill it's a bad thing. When in reality, staying "too tight" has adverse and negative results. Especially when folks start to do the wrong things because the stuff they eat isn't going down, so they opt to have "liquids" which turns into high-fat/calorie drinks/foods (example milk shakes, ice creams, etc).

Great to see you're concern enough to reach out and ask. That's a good sign of a successful person.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active