Thai Tuna

ckb70
on 4/13/10 3:15 am - Morrisville, PA
I had, or attempted, one of those tuna kits...Thai Chili.  I have eaten those since they came on the market.  I had a fill last week and just tried one and boy was that a disaster.  I don't know if it was the chili or what but slimming happened and had to get it up.  My stomach was burning and just hurt so bad...still a bit sore.  I feel like crap too!  Just wanted to vent...thanks for listening.

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
rich_in_nfpa
on 4/14/10 2:47 am - New Freedom, PA
I'm not familiar with tuna kits -- who puts them out? Where are they in the market?

I haven't had any tolerance problems yet but, from what I've read, spicy foods can sometimes be difficult to tolerate after bariatric surgery. I guess it's because all that spiciness is concentrated in a small pouch instead being spread around a full-size stomach. I love spicy food (especially Thai) and am kinda dreading trying *really* spicy food. I had Tabasco sauce on my eggs this morning with no problem but I'm not sure how I'll react to Thai chili peppers. The first time we try a food we haven't yet eaten post-surgery, it's always best to try a very small amount first to see how well we tolerate it.

I hope you have no more problems with foods you enjoy.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
ckb70
on 4/14/10 3:15 am - Morrisville, PA
Bumble Bee or one of them...it's with the tuna cans.  I love spicy foods too maybe I just had a bad day.

Tom C.
on 4/14/10 6:58 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
My Doctor and/or Nutritionists states when it comes to food we cannot tolerate, we should do "baseball" with it. Try it once. If we have an issue wait 3 months try it again. If there is still an issue. Try it 6 months later, and if you still can't tolerate it - you probably won't. So it's 3 strikes, and it's out of your diet.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ckb70
on 4/14/10 10:47 pm - Morrisville, PA
Thanks Tom...I also would love to come to the dinner but Wed is the only day I can't.  Next time, hopefully!

Most Active