6 Weeks Out Update

sjohnson9206
on 4/14/10 6:26 am - Scipio, IN
Well.. the week started with going in for an appointment with the nurse and nut.  The plan was for my first fill, but the nurse, and I agree, that I should wait a few more weeks before that.  In the meantime I'm to focus on eating solid proteins and little fluids for meals.  No more soups for awhile!  As of Monday I was 25# lost.

Monday night DH and I took off from everything and laid in bed to watch a movie.  We had been doing so much this last week we were just burned out.

Yesterday was pretty normal, got to eat normal food again!  If you can't tell by now I'm really excited about that.  When I got home we went over to the hay guy and got 108 bales for the ponies.  Took them home and stacked in the barn.  This was the first time I was able to really keep up and not get too tired. Had some other minor clean up and then it was time to go in for some sleep.

Today, woke up and got on the scale.  I've officially lost 27.1#. Now I'm off to the gym to work with the trainer.

Have a good one everyone!
~Samantha~

LillieGracesMom
on 4/14/10 6:38 am
That's amazing!  I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and am also doing well.  I don't own a scale at home so I won't weigh in again until I go back to the doc and nut on May 3rd.  Keep up the good work.
-Heather

sjohnson9206
on 4/14/10 10:17 pm - Scipio, IN
Good job and keep it up!

We ended up picking up a scale at Target.  It's a Tanita and also measures body fat and % water.  I think we paid $60 for it, but it's definitely accurate as I get the same measurements that I get from my Dr's office... who has a really nice Tanita scale.

I'm a scale freak, which isn't a good thing, for now I'm enjoying it though.  Probably won't be in about 6 months.
~Samantha~

Tom C.
on 4/14/10 7:05 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Sam & Heather,

CONGRATS on your progress !! Keep up, and off, all the great work !! You two are great inspirations to many !! Thanks for sharing.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 4/14/10 9:22 pm - Davison, MI
Rock on Sam and Heather!!  You both are doing GREAT!!!

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

CandaceHasCurves
on 4/14/10 10:34 pm - Alexandria, VA
CONGRATS!!!!! That is so exciting! I have a tanita scale I bought about 5 years ago. LOVE it. although in the last year it has started acting wonky...so I think I'll be getting a new one.

SunnyJenny05486
on 4/18/10 11:24 am - Woodbridge, VA
REALIZE Band on 03/10/10 with

Yippee!

Can I ask, why didn't you get a fill?  I'll be going in for my 6 week appointment and possible fill so I am curious as to why you didn't get a fill.

Jen

sjohnson9206
on 4/18/10 10:31 pm - Scipio, IN
Basically my intake has been mush for those first 6 weeks.  Some has been solids and I did progress a bit faster than my surgeon and nut wanted with regards to solids, but I was still eating soups and other things that didn't last in the pouch for very long.  The times that I was feeling hungry were after those meals and not the solid ones.  I still felt restriction and I was still losing weight.

To me I was able to eat comfortably (sure, I was getting in a bit more than I should, but I wasn't eating 2 cups at a time more like 1 cup at the most), not hungry for the most part and I didn't want to be too tight.

All that boiled down to not getting a fill.  Now, they did schedule me to come back in 4 weeks for the fill, but if I'm feeling hungry between meals, etc then I can reschedule for earlier... or if I'm still feeling good postpone.
~Samantha~

Most Active