First Consultation

beck720
on 4/13/10 4:09 am - Granby, MA
Yay!  I'm getting excited!  I have my first Consultation tomorrow with Dr. Haag.  I already did my 6 months of documented WW so I'm crossing my fingers that counts with the insurance company.  If that's true then I'll just have to complete the psych evaluation and another support group meeting and that's it.  Let's get this thing going!
SunnyJenny05486
on 4/13/10 4:23 am - Woodbridge, VA
REALIZE Band on 03/10/10 with

Good luck! It's all very exciting! :)

ckb70
on 4/13/10 4:37 am - Morrisville, PA
Congratulations!  Don't forget get about the Cardiologist, stress test, EKG, pulmonologist, sleep study, breathing test, chest xray and labs...not sure if I fogot anything.  Don't give up...see it all through, it's worth every appointment.

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Tom C.
on 4/13/10 6:27 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Hoping all works out for you. And don't be disappointed if it doesn't, because in the long run it DOES !!. You'll be on a lot of highs, and some lows until the day of operation. Take is in stride, and one day at a time.

Your seat on the loser's bench in the winners circle is ready when you are !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
melslongjourney
on 4/14/10 6:04 am
Thats awesome, I remember leaving the doctors office with a spring in my step and a feeling of how much my life was going to change. It has already changed more than i even knew. It's worth everything you have to do through I promise! I just wish I had of done it all sooner. Let's keep our fingers cross about the WW counting.  I didn't have to do any of that because I was self pay due to surgery being a exclusion for me.

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

beck720
on 4/14/10 9:33 am - Granby, MA
All right!  The WW's counted, woo hoo!!    Ok, so the meeting with the doctor went well.  I just have to go to two support meetings, two psych consults, and two visits to the dietitian.  I have a June appointment made to see Dr. Haag.  If all is done hopefully the surgery will be scheduled!  Today is the beginning of a happy journey to being healthy for myself and family.  :)

Thank you guys for responding.  :D
Becky
Tom C.
on 4/14/10 7:09 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Becky,

CONGRATS !! We're getting your seat on our Loser's Bench in the Winner's Circle ready.

Just remember, there will be some lows along the way (bumps in the road) but don't get discouraged - it all works out. I call this process the weight loss rollercoaster.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active