Tootin My Own Horn

melodyor2
on 4/13/10 1:58 am, edited 4/13/10 2:01 am - Euless, TX
Hello All My Lovelies.

So....people are noticing my weight loss! Woohoo, well, everyone but me.. :(  Bummer Right? I kept thinking, "ugh..I've ONLY lost 18lbs...blah!" I have stopped using the word "ONLY" for my sanity. 18lbs in 7 weeks is friggin AWESOME! IN any case,  I had to reevaluate the situation.  I know I have lost the pounds, but I did not feel it in my clothes. Then I remembered that I have always wore my clothes tight, and now they are probably fitting as they should now.  So I started to pull out older clothes,

1.) A dress that wouldn't go over my butt....well it does now! I wore it to Easter, i looked lovely!

2.) Pair of slacks I bought months ago on sale for $5 wouldn't even come over my hips...yes, you guessed it! Perfect fit now!

3.) My favorite favorite favorite jeans...I outgrew them and could not hardly get them up my thighs.  It was quite entertaining to watch my attempt....ask my boyfriend.  But......THEY FIT AGAIN! And my butt looks good in them!

As you can tell, I have a Big -O- BUTT! Lol, and I am glad to be losing the weight on the bottom half first! Once more I am inspired.

I hope every ones journey is as fun as mine. 

Love you all,

Nicole

Sheila09
on 4/13/10 2:06 am - Deltona, FL
You're doing great!  It's hard for us to see ourselves as anything but fat, but once we try on old clothes we can see how far we've come!  Keep up the good work!
NJLisa
on 4/13/10 2:24 am
You're awesome!  Great job :)
ckb70
on 4/13/10 3:10 am - Morrisville, PA
You're doing great...I wish I had junk in the trunk, all I have is junk in the gut.  Keep up the good work!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Jess36
on 4/13/10 3:29 am - kenosha, WI
That is awesome! Keep up the great work! Sometimes it is hard to "see" the weight loss, since it is slower. But the clothes don't lie! Yeah! :)
LillieGracesMom
on 4/13/10 9:47 am
Awesome!  Congratulations!  Keep up the good work!  Ain't it grand to be a "loser?"
-Heather

conchita109
on 4/13/10 11:39 am - Greencastle, PA
Nicole,

I can totally relate to your comment, "Then I remembered that I have always wore my clothes tight, and now they are probably fitting as they should now", because that is EXACTLY what I thought the other day. I tried on a pair of brown pants that I had and they fit, zippered and buttoned just fine...but I thought....hmmmm...why are they not loose? I guess it is because they actually fit the RIGHT WAY now and are not just holding in all of the blubber....LOL!!

Great job! Keep it up!

Connie

Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

Tom C.
on 4/13/10 6:49 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Nicole,

Congrats on your success, and realizing all you have accomplished !! The scale isn't the only true indicator of "success".

That’s why I hate “the scale". There are other “scales" you can use to monitor your success: your constant hunger reduction (eliminated); reduced clothing size; increase energy; re-familiarizing yourself to body-parts unseen for years (errr… toes) ; “common" activity becoming easier (walking, climbing steps), just feeling good about yourself; sleeping better (reduced snoring); the mirror; better medical exam results (lower cholesterol and/or blood pressure); etc.

And I am glad you mentioned my a pet peeve .. I have always wanted to start a movementg to DROP THE WORD ONLY !! I get very upset to read, or hear, “I’ve lost only X pounds". Why use the word ONLY !?!?!?! Be proud of those pounds you lost!!! This is a major accomplishment!!

How many times were you NOT able to lose that amount of weight???? Or when you did, you gained it back?? If you lost weight, and haven’t gained it back, then aren’t you really winning?!?!?

Remember, this isn’t a race. “Slow and steady wins the race".  We are a generation of instantaneous results, however remember we didn’t put all the weight on at once, it took years. So don’t you think losing it would take just as long? This isn't one of those miracle instantaneous weight loss programs. We all know types of programs always fail. This is a way of life

Nowhere does any of the literate state you will lose x amount of weight in x days. Think LONG TERM. If it takes you 2 – 3 -5 years to lose all the weight, WHO CARES!!! How long did it take you to put all those pounds on? Try to remind yourself that even if I lost only 1 pound per week, in year’s time I’d be 52 pounds lighter. Many doctors believe the slower you lose weight, the better chance you have of keeping it off. 

Many folks are hung up on the number. It’s not the number of pounds that someone loses in a specified period of time that is important. It’s how you feel. Don’t forget, if you are toning up muscle – your weight loss may seem to have slowed (or stopped), when in fact you are replacing fat with muscle. Muscle is heavier then fat. Someone weighting 200 pounds with a body fat percentage of 25 is carrying around 50 pounds of extra fat. That same person weighting 200 pounds with 10 percent body fat would be carrying 20 pounds of fat. So it’s not the number that is important.

The amount of weight lost is affected by many factors. Everyone loses weight at different rates. It has to do with age, gender, one’s weight, exercise, etc.. A 10 pound lost to one person could be as affected as a 40 pound lost to another. Think of it this way: If a 400-pound person loses 40 pounds; a 300-pound person loses 30 pounds, a 200-pound person loses 20 pounds, and a 100-pound person loses 10 pounds – the 400-pound person didn’t necessarily lose more weight than the others. All three lost 10% of their body weight. 

Be proud of your lost. No matter how small it may seem. Remember, it’s better to lose not a pound than to GAIN a ounce.

So starting today – let’s officially start a movement to ban the word ONLY, and take pride in your lost

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
SunnyJenny05486
on 4/14/10 5:11 am - Woodbridge, VA
REALIZE Band on 03/10/10 with

I am wearing my favorite jeans that I couldn't button last month!!  Isn't that the best feeling! 

melslongjourney
on 4/15/10 1:42 am
I am like you in the sense that everyone around me noticed but I didn't at first. I too have a big o' butt. lol I have lost like 6 inches off of mine and now stuff that would never fit does.

So you go girl and remember those little things that happen like your dress for easter are just the begining of whats to come. :) 

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Most Active