exercise question

kimberlina180
on 4/12/10 6:53 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
I'm two months banded and meeting with a personal trainer this week. 

Are there any exercise restrictions with the band?  My doctor hasn't said anything other than I can exercise.  I'm relatively healthy and have tried the treadmil, some aerobics classes, and hiking. 

Thanks!
ckb70
on 4/12/10 7:00 am - Morrisville, PA
No restrictions after 6 weeks...if you bend a certain way your port area might hurt.

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Tom C.
on 4/12/10 7:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
While there should not be one, ask your Doctor. Only they know you; the type of operation you had; and your history
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
melodyor2
on 4/13/10 1:43 am - Euless, TX
Hello All,

For me personally, its not as comfortable to be on the floor...well on my back. So any exercise like sit ups etc...it bothered my port area.  So until I lose a little more weight, I am sticking with just pure sweaty cardio. LOL.  Worked for me so far.  Lol.

I wish you the best.

-Nicole

renee K.
on 4/13/10 3:43 am - Augusta, GA
Best advice, other than asking your doc, if it hurts even a little in the surgical areas STOP!  There shouldnt be pain other than muscle soreness and that wont be til the next day.
walk, walk, walk its a sure fire calorie burner!!!

Most Active