growling stomach

Lizzied2702
on 4/12/10 12:27 am - Pittsburgh, PA

Hey everyone,

So I'm 4 days post op and I've been getting along fine with my clear liquid diet, but this morning my Stomach started to GROWL and growl, I swear my belly shaked! :) Any suggestions on how to get through those moments? I'm working hard on moving about and getting close to or all of my liquids in, but I think no matter what my stomach will gurgle. An advice would be appreciated

-Lizz

Pixieland
on 4/12/10 1:57 am - Davison, MI
Sugar Free Popsicles and Sugar Free Jello saved me during this time.

Hang in there....

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Considering_It
on 4/12/10 5:06 am
My growls sounded like I swallowed a dragon!  Fortunately for me they didn't hurt and were pretty amusing.  They will go away once you start eating.  Try some tea or jello to fill up :)
Tom C.
on 4/12/10 7:18 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Everyone has given you spot-on advice.

Since you're four days out you should be able to take unlimited amounts of the "liquids" they suggested since it should go towards your daily water allotment intake. However always ask your Doctor and/or Nutritionist.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lisa Y.
on 4/13/10 1:56 am
My doctor said 4 days post op I can have cream of wheat (very runny) that might help you get through the growling.
conchita109
on 4/13/10 11:42 am - Greencastle, PA
Can you make a protein drink? UNJURY has a strawberry sorbet that you can add to Crystal Light. I think the protein boost helped with the growling...

Good luck ~ it will get better!!

Connie

Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

Most Active