First Seminar

beck720
on 4/7/10 10:57 pm - Granby, MA
Hi.
I am going to my first Seminar tonight and am excited to get things rolling.  Hopefully I will be able to make my Dr.'s appointment tonight.  Did anyone have any problems with waiting forever to get an appointment?
Been talking about and doing my homework for a couple years and now finally starting things is exciting and nerve wracking.    :)
sjohnson9206
on 4/7/10 11:11 pm - Scipio, IN
At my Bariatric Center, no, I did not have an issue making my appointments and I didn't have to wait forever.  That was my surgeon though and I'm in Indiana.

Good luck, absorb whatever information they present, and ask as many questions as you can think of.  Then, start writing down more for your consultation with the surgeon.
~Samantha~

beck720
on 4/7/10 11:40 pm - Granby, MA

Thank you! 
I will be a sponge tonight and absorb all the info they give     

My mother just had her lap-band surgery about three weeks ago so she will be attending the meeting with me.  She is my support group.  I watched everything that she had to go through (insurance) and what she is going through now.  We are both anticipating her first fill.

My regret is I started too late.  I have a wedding date for 10/2011.  Hoping to lose a good amount by then.     Oh well, it's going to happen no matter what so just enjoy my journey.  :)

Tom C.
on 4/8/10 7:46 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Beck720,

First of all welcome to our every increase always shrinking family!! 

Now to answer you question (as with most answers on this board) it depends on your Doctor. My Doctor's practice is very popular, and well known. However it still only took me two weeks to get my first appointment (only because I wanted to go to MY DOCTOR) and then once I got the ball rolling it was very quick. However each state and insurance company and insurance plan has their own rules and regulations what needs to be done before you can have the operation. So don't get discouraged along the way. You're now boarding what I call the weight loss rollercoaster. There will be some down, but more ups !!

Good luck
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active