introduction/ Surgery on April 8th!

Lizzied2702
on 4/5/10 9:09 am, edited 4/5/10 9:09 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Everyone,

My name is Liz and I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I posted an 'intro' the other day when I found this site, but everyone said go to the band specific discussion boards, so here I am. Well, a little about me, I'm 26 and I'm working on my masters. My surgeon is Dr. Anita Courcoulas and I'll be having my surgery on April 8...two days!!! I'm really excited and glad that I found this site, even a few days before. I have definitely read already some amazing and inspirational stories. Well that's my intro!

-LizzieD
rich_in_nfpa
on 4/5/10 11:15 am - New Freedom, PA
Welcome, Liz. I'll save you a spot on the Losers' Bench.

BTW, I'm also in PA -- very close to where I-83 crosses the Mason-Dixon Line (York County).
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 4/5/10 12:03 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Welcome Lizzie,
Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  I will keep you in my prayers for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery.  After surgery make sure you walk all you can and sip sip and sip some more. 
Were making room here on the loser's bench for you.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Tom C.
on 4/5/10 6:42 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hello and Welcome LizzieD !! 

We're so happy you joined our ever increasing always shrinking family !! 

Know you we have reserved you a seat on the Loser's bench in our Winner's Circle.

We're here if you need !! 

Come back often, especially after the operation. Share your experience - it will be invaluable to all.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 4/5/10 9:38 pm - Davison, MI
Welcome Liz...Congrats on your upcoming surgery and starting your new life.  This was certainly the best decision I have ever made...challenging but worth it without doubt!
Please let us all know how you are feeling after your surgery...I'm sure everything will be just fine.

Leslie :)

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

ckb70
on 4/5/10 11:15 pm - Morrisville, PA
Congratulations LizzieD!  You will do great...good luck on your journey!  It was truly an easy surgery and recovery...

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
scaredeesquirrel
on 4/6/10 12:06 am - Shrewsbury, PA
 Hi Liz!
Looks like we will be going down this road at the same time on the 8th.  Almost can't believe it.  I'm in PA as well, over by Rich.  I'll be having my surgery in Baltimore.  I haven't been on here for too long, but already find it to be a great place to hang out.  Random people just drop in to offer support.  It's great.  I'm 55, and am a RN.  good to meet you.  Will be checking on you when we get home lol.
Sue
You already know what fails.  You also know what works.    Pick one.     
sjohnson9206
on 4/6/10 5:24 am - Scipio, IN
Welcome Liz!

I'm 26 as well, and the band has been a good thing for me.  Hopefully your surgery goes well and I can't wait to see you here in the future.
~Samantha~

nutbat
on 4/7/10 2:14 am
I'm finishing up my MA as well, so if you need any school support I'm here for that too. Off topic - I'm having some glitches with Oh site - can't create my own topic, can't create a ticker, can't delete foods from my food list? Is anyone else having trouble with these?
Pgh Steeler Fan
on 4/7/10 3:07 am - PA
Best of luck with your surgery Liz, and we will all be waiting for you on the loser's bench.
Most Active