Want to lose weight quicker help

Monica C.
on 4/2/10 4:35 pm, edited 4/2/10 4:44 pm
Hello, I had my surg Feb 16, 2010 and I have lost a total of 24 pounds presurg/post surg but I want to lose weight faster.  Any suggestions?????
Tom C.
on 4/2/10 8:10 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Yeah .. be proud of the weight you lost so far and don't ru**** !!

And for EVERYONE - please remember sometimes it is not the number of pounds that someone loses in a specified period of time that is important.   Many may compare their lost to someone else’s, and get discouraged.The amount of weight lost is affected by many factors. Everyone loses weight at different rates. It has to do with age, gender, one’s weight, exercise, etc.. A 10 pound lost to one person could be as affected as a 40 pound lost to another. Think of it this way: If a 400-pound person loses 40 pounds; a 300-pound person loses 30 pounds, a 200-pound person loses 20 pounds, and a 100-pound person loses 10 pounds – the 400-pound person didn’t necessarily loose more weight than the others. All three lost 10% of their body weight.    And sometimes it is not the number of pounds that someone loses in a specified period of time that is important. Remember, if you are toning up muscle – your weight loss may seem to have slowed (or stopped), when in fact you are replacing fat with muscle. Muscle is heavier then fat. Someone weighing 200 pounds with a body fat percentage of 25 is carrying around 50 pounds of extra fat. That same person weighing 200 pounds with 10 percent body fat would be carrying only 20 pounds of fat. So it’s not the number that is important.   There are other “scales" you can use to monitor your success: your constant hunger reduction (eliminated); reduced clothing size; increase energy; re-familiarizing yourself to body-parts unseen for years (errr… toes) ; “common" activity becoming easier (walking, climbing steps), just feeling good about yourself; sleeping better (reduced snoring); the mirror; better medical exam results (lower cholesterol and/or blood pressure); etc.   Remember, this isn’t a race. “Slow and steady wins the race".  We are a generation of instantaneous results, however remember we didn’t put all the weight on at once, it took years. So don’t you think losing it would take just as long? This isn't one of those miracle instantaneous weight loss programs. We all know types of programs always fail. This is a way of life   Nowhere does any of the literate state you will lose x amount of weight in x days. Think LONG TERM. If it takes you 2 – 3 -5 years to lose all the weight, WHO CARES!!! How long did it take you to put all those pounds on? Try to remind yourself that even if I lost only 1 pound per week, in year’s time I’d be 52 pounds lighter. Many doctors believe the slower you lose weight, the better chance you have of keeping it off.     EVERYONE - Be proud of your lost. No matter how small it may seem. Remember, it’s better to lose not a pound then to GAIN an ounce.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Life is a Beach
on 4/3/10 11:42 am
Great advice Tom! We will all get to the same place. Be patient and remember that 1 to 2 lbs. a week is what can be expected but may not always happen.
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
nkara
on 4/4/10 2:06 am
 I had surgery November 12th and have lost 25 lbs.  I say accept how your loosing and don't listen to all the critics saying "that's all you've lost?"    Come on now people.  This isn't a magic pill to instantly melt away all the unwanted pounds.  It takes time... patience and effort.  

Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

marilyn09
on 4/4/10 2:20 am - Enid, OK
I agree with the other posts. Slow and steady weight loss is what you need to expect. However, you may want to look into "low-carb". Personally, I started doing low carb and I have seen a little more of a weight loss. I keep my calories at 1000 a day, my carbs at 20 grams. Always check with your Doc and Nut and follow what they suggest you to do.
This lifetime will never come again, it is precious and irreplaceable. To live without regret, we must have a concrete purpose, continually setting a goal and challenge for ourselves. And we need to keep moving toward those specific targets steadily and tenaciously, one step at a time.- Daisaku Ikeda

melodyor2
on 4/4/10 4:38 am - Euless, TX
Hello there! I too had my surgery on 02/16/10!!!

I was feeling the same as you...Ive lost 18lbs since surgery.  I am so excited about that too!!!!

Steady as she goes is my motto.

I did not gain this weight over night and I should not expect to lose it over night. It took me yearssssss to gain all this unnecessary weight.  I keep following my diet as planned and I exercise at least 3 times a week.  I working on committing to 5 times a week.  

24 pounds is freakin awesome!!!! Besides, you dont want to lose it too fast....then you have to deal with excess skin-most likely.

Good luck.

Nicole

Most Active