a little help please

standaman
on 4/2/10 8:05 am - Wichita, KS
Hello
i was banded on March 23 2010 along with my wife, we are 10 days out of surgery and both starting to feel fine now, i have lost 12lbs since the surgery. need some tips on what we can eat, we were just given the go ahead for pureed foods, new to this so any help would be appreciated.

patti S.
on 4/2/10 8:55 am - Millsboro, DE
welcome!!!! I was banded on March 16 & my husband March 26th.......you can puree about anything, did some whole wheat pasta, spaghetti sauce, & cooked buffalo meat. I used a magic bullet to puree or the blender, it was really tasty!! good luck to you both!!!!
Patti S.            
Randy Z.
on 4/2/10 9:23 am - Charlotte, NC
 I lived on Taco Bell Pintos and Beans and choc. protein drinks for those 2 weeks. May have even done some soft scrambled eggs. (BTW - hate pintos and beans now, unless it is Taco Bell.  lol)
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

ckb70
on 4/2/10 8:42 pm - Morrisville, PA
Greek yogurt is the best...very high in protein.  I buy the 0 fat plain and put a couple of Splenda and a packet of True Lime...very close to Key Lime Pie...LOL.  I have that just about every day!  Puree food just does not appeal to me so I stuck with low fat cream soups and sugar free pudding.  Good luck on your journey!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Tom C.
on 4/4/10 11:47 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE

Protein shake (less than 30 grams of protein and less than 10 grams of carbs per serving) – made with either water or Skim (Plus) Milk

Skim (Plus) milk

Vegetable juice (V8/tomato)

Low-fat cream soup (made with Skim (Plus) Milk and passed through a strainer)

Light-smooth nonfat/no sugar added yogurt (Greek yogurt has more protein)

Sugar-free/fat-free pudding (made with Skim (Plus) Milk)

Unsweetened/Natural/no sugar added (SMOOTH) apple sauce

Whipped low-fat cottage cheese

Non-Fat ricotta cheese

Oatmeal/Cream of Wheat/Farina (made with water or Skim (Plus) Milk and passed through a strainer)

Soft-cooked eggs/Egg beaters

Canned tuna/salmon packed in water (moisten with low-fat mayo if necessary)

Soft-baked/broiled/stewed: chicken and/or fish

Low-fat deli meats

Tofu

Soft low-fat cheeses

Cooked lentils; kidney beans, peas, legumes

Black bean/lentil soups (strained, no chunks)

Soft-cooked vegetables

Canned fruits packed in “light" or “own" juices

Low-fat refried beans

ADVICE WARNING: TALK TO THE DOCTOR BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
msdama
on 4/6/10 5:07 am
Hi Tom. ive been lurking for a good long while now and always find your posts very informative :)

I assume this list is for the "full liquids" phase?
"Skim (Plus) milk Vegetable juice (V8/tomato) Low-fat cream soup (made with Skim (Plus) Milk and passed through a strainer) Light-smooth nonfat/no sugar added yogurt (Greek yogurt has more protein) Sugar-free/fat-free pudding (made with Skim (Plus) Milk) Unsweetened/Natural/no sugar added (SMOOTH) apple sauce Whipped low-fat cottage cheese Non-Fat ricotta cheese "

My nut has three phases: clears (days 1-5), then at day 6 i  can add drinkable yogurts, then at day 9 I can add full liquids, seived soups, protein drinks, etc.

Just wanted to clarify.
Thanks for all your helpful input.

Dama

Tom C.
on 4/6/10 8:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
You are correct. My Nutritionists always "builds" onto the stage before. So if you're on stage 3, having stage 2 foods are also acceptable and encouraged. I guess I should have clarified that.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Tana10732
on 4/6/10 5:23 am - Thomasville, NC
CKB, Can I ask what is "true lime" and where can you find it? Thanks.

3cc on 12/10/09, 0.8cc on 1/25/10, 1.0 cc on 3/15/10, 1.0 cc on 4/28/10, 0.2 cc on 6/16/10, 0.7 cc on 8/26/10, 0.8 cc on 10/15/10, 1.0 cc on 3/17/11 and 0.3 cc on 6/9/11.  8.8 cc in my 11cc band

HW 258/SW 242/CW 170/GW 140

skullgirdle
on 4/6/10 6:25 am - Denton, TX
I like a bit of organic or all natural jam in Fage Greek Yogurt.   It feels like eating dessert to me because Fage was the first thing I had that was not liquid after surgery. 

I did pretty well with mashed potatoes and very cooked carrots.  I relied on protein drinks for my protein and remained faithful with my vitamins.  I was only on mushy foods for 4 days before being released to introduce food back in to my diet.

Somehow I managed to refrain from eating macaroni and cheese.  That alone is a triumph of the spirit.
Most Active