3rd fill on Friday, 26...

terri64
on 4/1/10 6:29 am - Houston, TX
Wow..i need to slow down my eatting...i was able to have bread before my third fill but now...oh..oh...it got stuck...that was so scarry...it would not come up or down...it was awful! so i'm guessing it's like starting all over again...i did the soft food and all but now i have to see what agrees with me...and it's not much... 
I'm on my way to a healthier life style.                    
ckb70
on 4/1/10 6:52 am - Morrisville, PA
That's so true...now I can only eat ground meats...LOL  Be careful, getting food stuck hurts so bad...what is it called slimming?

It will get better and you will get use to everything.  Now, I look at something that I use to love (steak, bbq ribs) and it means nothing to me anymore. 

It is a wonderful feeling not to be a slave to hunger!  Keep up the good work!

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
terri64
on 4/3/10 2:17 am - Houston, TX
what does the term  slimming mean for the banded?
ckb70
on 4/3/10 11:05 pm - Morrisville, PA
When food gets stuck...which hurts!  Your mouth gets full of saliva...an amazing amount.  When this happens to me I have to throw up the food that is stuck...such relief!  Each person is different in the foods that get stuck.  For me it is meat, eggs (even scrambled) and reheated food from the microwave ( I guess it makes the food chewy).  I can eat ground meats just fine and there are things that I have not tried simply for the fact that I think they will get stuck.  I'm not upset by this at all...thank God, now I have will-power and can stop myself.  I eat a lot of Greek yogurt 0 fat which has a ton of protein.  You will find your way just fine! 

No longer a slave to hunger!                        
Tom C.
on 4/1/10 6:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
When it comes to eating these are some of my rules:

(1) Ask yourself, would I give this size portion to a baby? (and I don't mean baby hippo ;D)

(2) Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew - Chew .. notice it's over 30 times .. before swallowing. It should feel like baby food in your mouth

(3) Make sure you wait one minute in between putting a new piece of food in your mouth. Still to this day I use a stop watch.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Randy Z.
on 4/2/10 9:28 am - Charlotte, NC
 I have heard the term baby food and applesauce consistency.  You can't go wrong with either of those.  As far a what food I eat. Just about anything, just not as much. Try chewing a tough piece of meat to that consistency. 10 minutes to chew one bite, and I am ready to move on to something easier.  :) 
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

Most Active