could a sinus infection/ headcold cause

janice A.
on 3/29/10 11:09 pm - san angelo, TX
Could a sinus infection / headcold cause me to get tight. I went in for a fill a couple of weeks ago the following sunday i started to get  a headcold, now it is a sinus infection (going to doc today for this), i have not been able to eat much of anything other than warm soups no meat in it basically broth and  applesauce. Even the yogurts as soon as the cold hit my stomah ( how do u spell that) i cant eat another bite. I am not hungry at all. I am drinking plenty of fluids.
just wonderin...
anyone with  similar experiance .. if u have then how did u manage?
any help welcomed..

thanks
Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

scaredeesquirrel
on 4/1/10 12:24 am - Shrewsbury, PA
 I hope you're feeling better.  I haven't gotten my band yet (next week, yay!).  I am a nurse, though.  Have you been taking any over the counter cold drugs?  They can have appetite suppressant qualities.  In fact things like dexitrim were just cold meds marketed differently.  Also, things that have quiaffenisin as an ingredient (robitussin) can be irritating to your stomach.  That one in particular probably needs a good slug of water with it.  Throw a little antibiotics in the mix, and it would be no shock at all that you're appetite has taken a hike!
You already know what fails.  You also know what works.    Pick one.     
Tom C.
on 4/1/10 6:36 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Any better today?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active