3 mo out today! So excited!

Kelslaw
on 3/28/10 4:00 pm
It has been 3 mo since my surgery!  So many things have changed.  I still struggle and some days are better than others but overall I am doing good and feel good about what I am doing!

I had a great day today, so I thought I would share.  I went to Old Navy today to return a pair of jeans I bought there during thier sale a few weeks back. After trying them on a bunch of times I decided the cut of the jeans just was not flattering on my body.  So I returned them, why waste the money.  Well I check the other cuts of jeans and decided to try on some in store.  I am sooo excited.  I bought myself a brand new pair of Old Navy jeans size 18!  At the start of this journey 3 mo and 2 weeks ago (includes pre op diet) I was wearing a 26/28.  I can't believe that I dropped that many sizes AND shopped in a regular store today!

I have lost a total of 51 pounds.  I exersice a lot.  I do 3-4 times a week for about 1.5 hours ea time.  I do 45 min cardio on the elliptical and then weight training, doing leg weights one day and then arm weights the next.  I also do 50 crunches each workout.  I am going to start the c25k program this week and am excited about the benefits.

I really don't have much restriction as of yet.  But I am learning to stop when I should despite the fact that I could eat a lot more.  I have a total of 4cc in my band. My doc wanted to put in another cc but I declined.  I am willing to take fills slow and learn to eat by my own will instead of the band, that is why I got this thing...to learn to eat right.

I have donated enough clothing to clothe someone for a year :).  I really haven't bought much b/c I hate to waste money on something that won't fit for long :) and I have a ton of clothes that I can "shop" for in my closet from a couple of years back.  Every Tuesday I try on clothes and love packing up what doesn't fit and bringing out what does.  This is more exciting to me than the scale.

I still have a long ways to go but am confident that I will get there and am happy with life and how everything is going. 

Just wanted to share!

Begin Pre-Op diet at 292--End Pre-Op diet at 277
Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
rich_in_nfpa
on 3/29/10 1:03 am - New Freedom, PA
Mazel tov on your tremendous progress!

I remember the thrill of being able to shop in a regular store instead of ordering from a "big and tall" catalog. I still have a lot of clothes left from the last time I was able to do that. I'm looking forward to "shopping" my spare closet and donating my fat clothes.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
sjohnson9206
on 3/29/10 2:48 am - Scipio, IN
Congrats!!  This post is really an inspiration for me, so keep up the good work.   I can't wait until the days I get to go "shopping" in my closet and basement boxes labeled "Sam -2 sizes"
~Samantha~

Tom C.
on 3/29/10 3:28 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CONGRATS !! Keep up (and off) the great work !! 

Keep coming back and sharing these stories !! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Cathy B.
on 3/29/10 4:50 am - Statham, GA
YAY FOR YOU!!!  Thanks so much for sharing!   After waiting since the first part of January, I just today got my surgery date!!  Your post is very timely and very inspirational.  I'm very proud of you, and wish you continued success.  Keep posting your progress!!
CathyB
Surgery date:  May 4, 2010!! 

NJLisa
on 3/29/10 5:26 am, edited 3/29/10 5:27 am
congratulations!!!! What an inspiration keep up the fantastic work!
Kelslaw
on 3/29/10 4:29 pm
Thanks everyone!

Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/10 3:53 am
You are doing wonderful!!!! I have surgery in May and I'm soooo excited. I keep wondering how much will come off and will it be a slow process. I take it from a majority of posts that Exercise is Key to keeping the pounds coming off!!

Ps I can't wait to shop in normal stores!!!!!

Keep up the GREAT work!!!!
Kelslaw
on 3/31/10 7:03 am
Exercise not only helps take the pounds off, but it ups the metabolism, so when you are even sleeping you burn more calories. It also will help maintain your weight once you reach goal. And obviously it helps you tone (which can make you look like you have lost more than you really have) and makes you feel overall fantastic!

Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
Most Active