Anouncing an Ohio WLS Bicycle Club (Cross Post from Ohio Forum)

ohbearly
on 3/26/10 12:13 pm - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13
It's Official! Here is the link to the press release announcing the launch of the Akron-Canton Spin Offs Weight Loss Support Bicycle Club. My cycling pals and fellow weight loss surgery patients, Susan and Christine and I have been working for 3 months on setting up a bicycle club for weight loss surgery patients and those interested in cycling for weight loss. We invite you to take a look and join us today!  

At one of our WLS support group meetings at Summa Akron City Hospital in Akron last summer; we discovered that we had begun cycling area trails for exercise and fun. We joined each other on many rides through the summer and fall. Other patients and friends also rode with us.  

After a wonderful year of cycling, our conversation turned to how we could build on this experience and share our love of cycling. We decided to form a bicycle club. With no knowledge on how these clubs work, we set out on our journey on a snowy January day. We met every other week, visited local bicycle shops, attended bicycle maintenance repair clinics, and talked to local bicycle clubs.  

Our website, www.spinoffcyclists.com is the result of this research. We worked hard to develop a diverse ride schedule that supports both beginner and intermediate riders. Our goal is to develop a person’s cycling ability and provide rides that challenge their abilities. Most importantly, we have incorporated a basic principle that all of our members must agree to: We cycle at the speed of the slowest cyclists on the ride. No riders are left behind. We are primarily a support group and place a high value on the support aspect of the club.  

If you are a Northeast Ohio resident or travel to our area, we invite you to join us for a ride. We look forward to a fun and exciting year of trail rides!  

Tom, (Susan and Christine)

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Most Active