I have got to change .....

rich_in_nfpa
on 3/26/10 1:40 am - New Freedom, PA
..... my TV viewing habits. I had recorded "Food Tech" on the History Channel last night and just finished watching it. The topic this week was pizza -- one of my favoritest foods. Pre-surgery I could eat a large pizza all by myself with no problem (well, none except weight gain!). After watching the show I want a pizza so bad now I can almost taste it. I think I need to remove that show from my DVR schedule!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Twinels2
on 3/26/10 10:17 am - Morgantown , PA
I just had a very similar thing happen. I had the food network on my favorite channel list. I kept seeing all this yummy food as I flipped through the favorite list. I just said today I have got to take that off the list.
Shrinking Sharon
dads_girl_32180
on 3/27/10 12:19 am
Make you a pizza with low fat cheese and some good veggies. I really like green peppers on pizza. Then I would just eat the top layer of it and don't eat the bread. I've done this and it's really helped with my craving because you think and feel like you are eating real pizza! Don't forget the sauce!

Staci
rich_in_nfpa
on 3/27/10 6:25 am, edited 3/29/10 2:48 am - New Freedom, PA
I'll have to try that.

Another thing I thought of was making a pizza and using a low-fat tortilla instead of a regular pizza crust. I've always liked the La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas (only 80 calories each, 3 grams fat, 19 grams carbs, 14 grams fiber and 8 grams protein) but they're hard to find in my area. Using fat-free mozzarella, I could probably make a pretty healthy pizza with 300 calories or less.

PS: I made a pizza with 1 La Tortilla Factory tortilla sprayed with olive oil spray, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1-2 tsp dried basil, 1 medium tomato, sliced and 1 oz non-fat mozzarella cheese. Baked it at 375 until cheese was melted & starting to brown (15-20 minutes) and it was quite good and satisfied my craving. According to the MasterCook program: 173 Calories; 4g Fat (16.5% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 30g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber; 5mg Cholesterol; 905mg Sodium.

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
sjohnson9206
on 3/29/10 2:45 am - Scipio, IN
Pizza has been my craving food of choice.... That and the garlic cheese bread.  I've got a couple weeks still until I could probably get away with making myself a small tortilla style pizza or just eating the toppings.  Until then I battle my head hunger.
~Samantha~

Tom C.
on 3/29/10 3:31 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I make faux pizza .. I put some fat-free mozzarella, grating cheese, sauce, peppers, seasoning into a microwave dish - coo****il the cheese melts. Sometimes I had fat-free ricotta too.

I can do without the bread. The gooey cheese does it for me.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Kelslaw
on 3/30/10 7:21 am
I make pizzas on tortillas as well. Taste the same and much healthier.

As for tv and food correlation! I am totally drawn in by ads. UGH. To the point that I turn away or walk away during the ads b/c they make me want whatever they are advertising. IT works for me. I would suggest removing the show as well That is what I would have to do.

Begin Pre-Op diet at 292--End Pre-Op diet at 277
Post-Op weight 277
Goal weight 175
Goal 2 weight 150        
scaredeesquirrel
on 3/30/10 8:59 am - Shrewsbury, PA
 Alright you guys...you're making me hungry!!
You already know what fails.  You also know what works.    Pick one.     
Most Active