1st fill questions....

melodyor2
on 3/25/10 1:07 pm - Euless, TX
Hello All,

I received my first fill yesterday.  I got 2cc's.  My doctor wanted to hold off another 2 weeks before giving me one (Im out 5 weeks now).  He said I was losing just fine where I was.  I insisted that I wanted a lil more restriction.  So he gave it to me. To be honest, I didnt feel any restrictions before the fill.  My doc had me on solids within a few days of surgery. And now I still dont feel any restriction with the fill I received yesterday. 

Until.......

I ate my dinner 2 hours ago.....and now my belly feels sooo full...Does anyone feel this way after their fill? Is this normal?

I might also add that I just got done doing my cardio for 25mins...I dont know if that could be a reason.....

Appreciate all the advice,

Nicole

Randy Z.
on 3/25/10 9:49 pm - Charlotte, NC
Fills can be different for everyone and for that matter, each meal can be too. On my first fill, they usually put in about 3cc. I asked them to put in 4. she had me drink a glass of water and it was not going down so she backed out 1cc. as she did, I could fill it flush down.

Most meals, I do not really feel much restriction, but I try to chew, as my health coach would say, to applesauce consistancy.  WIth it chewed well, as with water, it should pretty much go straight down. I tend to gulp my meals, so the band really forces me to eat slower and I find I am not eating nearly as much as I used to.

The times that I have found that really full feeling, is generally when I have not chewed my meals very well, or there was one or two bites, that I didn't chew very well. Got really nauseous on more than one occasion. I am learning to listen to my food as it goes down. Right now, I find that about 5 times a week, I will stop eating for 5 minutes or so, until what I just ate has a chance to go down. On occasion, when I feel it starting to back up into the esophagus, I will just stop eating that meal completely.

I am still on my first fill and have had it for about 2 months.  I had been pretty consistant about loosing a pound or two a wee****il I took a business trip out to Los Angeles. Put on just over 5 pounds the 2 weeks I was out there. That was 2 weeks ago and I have lost most of it.  But for me, because of insurance, it is $200 a fill, so as long as I continue to loose, I will not be going back for the 2nd fill.  I also went into 2010 fifty pounds lighter than 2009, so you can see, I am loosing, just maybe not as fast as some, but I am happy with my progress.
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

ckb70
on 3/26/10 4:07 am - Morrisville, PA

Please research the steps for a fill on Realize.com.   You should not eat anything 3-4 hrs before a fill and no solids for 2 days after a fill...liquids only.  I have to say, I don't think I've ever made the 2 days after...1 day was as long as I went.   2cc is not a lot for a first fill...most first fills is 4cc.  If you don't have restriction go back to the doctor and get more put in.  I would also thin that the full feeling is that you did not chew your food well. 

Gloria S.
on 3/26/10 8:22 am - Lexington, MA
When you say you don't feel any restriction, I am wondering exactly what you are expecting to feel.  (I'm in my 4th year and maintaining 100% excess weight loss).  The reason why I ask this is that I've come to understand that we all feel different things.  Try answering these question. How long do you go between meals untiil you feel hungry - really hungry - not passed a taco bell sign hungry.  Second question is  if you sit down to each plain chicken with no food lube, how much can you comfortably eat.  I find that these 2 simple questions can be very enlightening.  The band can help us with hunger, satiety and portion control, when adjusted properly and when we work the tool. Looking forward to your answers.

We're all here to help.

Banded 8/16/2006; Dr. Billy, Ventura, CA; maintaining since 12/2007

For more lap band inspiration and information visit
www.bandedliving.com

Confused about whether or not surgery is for you, read my book "Is Lap Band Surgery for Me?, available on amazon
nutbat
on 3/27/10 12:29 am
I am having the same experience. First fill was 4 cc, didn't seem to do anything. My response: "I could have starved myself without paying $12,000." I'm taking in 1000-1400 cal a day and burning about 45-4700 with excercise and losing 2 lbs a week. I got my second fill and was told that now there should be 4ccs in my band because 2 were filling the tube. WTF? I can eat literally ANYTHING without chewing it, swallow any size pill, etc. I feel like no one's listening to me because the weight is coming off, but it's coming off like it would on someone who doesn't have a band! Also they just talk louder than me to shut me up when I try to explain.
melodyor2
on 3/28/10 9:08 am - Euless, TX
Thank you to all who have responded!!!

Just to clarify, I WAS following my doctors orders. 

In any case, it has been since Tuesday since my fill and I am feeling much better! Instead of being worried about feeling full, I have opted to feel satisfied instead...and it works....Go figure?

I am feeling really good.

Good luck to you all!

Most Active