Back on Track!!!

ckb70
on 3/24/10 11:57 pm - Morrisville, PA
I was banded a year ago without much success. A few months in I had a really bad pain in the port area and went to see the doctor. Turns out that my port flipped which is very uncommon for the Realize band…I have to have a revision done. Turns out that the doctor who initially did my surgery did not even clamp the port on correctly…I’m glad he is not with the practice anymore.    When I was getting ready for the surgery I asked the doctor to make sure and leave the fluid in the band. The following months I did not lose any weight but actually gained some back which was totally depressing. I knew it was me and not even weight loss surgery could help me…did I make the wrong decision with the band? Should I have had the RNY? I stopped going to the doctor because I was ashamed.  I stopped speaking to my friend who also had the banding done and was losing a wonderful amount of weight…I was too embarrassed and ashamed.    Finally, I got it together and went back to see the doctor. Turns out that I only had 3.5 ccs of fluid in my band…what happened to the other 4.5 ccs of fluid? So, I’ve been going back every few weeks and getting fills…they are watching to see if the fluid stays or there is a small leak somewhere. It’s a mystery! In order to properly check for a leak you have to get injected with dye and take some xrays…that still might come.    But, my point to this long post is to not blame yourself and keep fighting. I’ve lost 6 pounds this month…yahoo!  I also went to see the nutritionist and got some help there. I also found out, from the nutritionist, that a side effect to my sleeping medication is weight gain…got to have that switched!    I wish I had some huge number to my weight loss and maybe I could have if I had not started blaming myself and went to see the doctor 5 months ago. If you have some kind of issue seek help and don’t start blaming yourself…it doesn’t help, I know!   I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!
renee K.
on 3/25/10 4:28 am - Augusta, GA
Wow what a story!!  Keep pushing and dont let anyone tell you that you cant do it!!!!!!!!!  because YOU CAN!!!!! Its not overnight, but its well worth the wait!!  So Keep Going!

Twinels2
on 3/25/10 11:08 am - Morgantown , PA
It is wonderful that you got things figured out now and are back on track. I am sure next years story will be way different. Keep coming here and keep us up to date.

Tom C.
on 3/27/10 8:27 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
cbk70,

You CAN DO THIS !! And you are doing this, by doing all the right things. Get control of your health/life again. Remember we have a tool, and we must work with it. It's a partnership!! 

Know we're here for you. Let's go down this successful road together !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active