help!

Hill_Star
on 3/23/10 11:05 am
I had my realize band place March 1st ...have lost weight with it and was doing pretty good..until 3 days ago. I can't eat anything without this really really painful pain my chest,stomach and sometimes in my throat. I also have this really bad pain right down in my collar bone on one side. What am I doing wrong. I chew my food 30 times and I eat as slow as I possibly can. Remind you I'm on my mushy stage and no matter what I eat...I still get these horrible pains. I know it isn't because I'm eating too much  because I'm just now able to get about 6 to 8 oz in. Can someone please explain what is wrong with me. Its a constant pain and has been going for 3 days now. Starting to worry me.
Pixieland
on 3/23/10 9:25 pm - Davison, MI
I think you should call your Dr. and tell them what is going on.
Please let us know how you are doing.

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

ckb70
on 3/23/10 11:38 pm - Morrisville, PA

Those are very common gas pains which will pass.  Your body still has a lot of gas floating around from the surgery...the doctor inflates the stomach so he can work in there.  It will get better!

renee K.
on 3/24/10 5:34 am - Augusta, GA
It could be gas pains--walk as much as you can, that will help dispell the gas, also the gasx strips help ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!

sjohnson9206
on 3/25/10 2:22 am - Scipio, IN
Agreed, could be gas pains, but I would still check in with your Dr to check in.  I'm also 3 weeks out, and my guidelines are 2-4 oz only, but sometimes I am not satisfied until 6 oz.

Hopefully your Dr can help you out. 
~Samantha~

Tom C.
on 3/27/10 8:23 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
It's been 4 days since you posted this (sorry it took me this long to read it). How are things? Please update us. Not only are we concerning, your experience can be helpful to others.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Hill_Star
on 3/29/10 2:34 pm, edited 3/29/10 2:43 pm
 I'm sooo so sory that I forgot to post back on here and let you all know how I"m doing. Please forgive me. Since my has been dropping seems like I'm always on my feet now....I'm doing much much better now. Had a very bad UTI and had a case of pneumonia which has finallly went away now with the help of some liquid medications. I'm doing great with my weight loss too..Before My surgery My highest weight was 379...the Day of surgery I was 351 and now to this very day I"m 325.6. I actually cleaned my yard today cause I can bend finally lol. I haven't been able to bend up and down since before I had my baby whom just turn 4 years old today. Time passes you by in a blink of an eye if you aren't careful. But thanks for asking and hope to hear from you all soon!

Sebrena
Tom C.
on 3/29/10 7:32 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Thanks for the update, and CONGRATS on your SUCCESS !! Keep it going (DOWN ;D) !!

Keep us posted how things progress. Your success is an inspiration to others
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active