Its been a while!!

renee K.
on 3/24/10 12:55 am - Augusta, GA
I alwyays wondered why people went so long between posts..............i have come to the comclusion that they are out living their lives and enjoying their new lives or they are too ashamed because they have gained some weight back or that they are not losing like they want to.. 

Did you know that if we all look deep into our hearts, NONE of us are losing like we want to. We might be losing, but not at the rate we expected to, or our bodies are not shaping the way we expected.

My scale numbers are not great, but my quality of life improves EVERY DAY!  I had 6 months of really rough going because I was overfilled----------STUIPD ME I should have listened!!!  I ate everything in sight that was bad for me, because I was too tight for proper nutrition to go down.  SLIDER FOODS ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!  After a fill/unfill/slight refill under the xray machine and 400$ later I have found my sweet spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have to force myself to eat, which is INSANE!!!

I did lose 5 pounds this month which brings me to a grand total of 77 pounds.  The beginning of my journey was almost 2 years ago and i am soooooooooooooo far away from where I started.  Sooooooo much closer to where I want to be.  I bought a formal evening gown for my cruise (in 12 days) and it is fitted---NOT STRETCHY!! and a size 18!  If the "girls" were smaller  i could have done a 16, but i have not lost anything in that area, so, i will deal with it.

in closing-anyone reading this, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED PLEASE!!  If you fall, get back up, if you gain-thats a fact of life, buckle down and get it back off, JUST DONT QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!  wHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT QUIT!! 

If you are over filled GO IMMEDIATLY AND GET SOME TAKEN OUT! I would probably be at my goal by now if I had done that, but then again i would not have been able to share my experience from this happening and I hope it will help someone else.

God Bless!!!!!!
Renee

Tom C.
on 3/24/10 2:17 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Renee,

Bless the Lord for your post!! I know many will see themselves, and it will inspire some of those to do what you suggested.

Always know were are here for you. DON'T BE A STRANGER !!

Come back often to share your wisdom, and be a constant inspiration to many !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
renee K.
on 3/25/10 4:30 am - Augusta, GA
Thanks!  Its great to be back!  I see how much I have missed it. I need the encouragement and inspiration as well!

Dedi
on 3/29/10 1:40 pm
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with

What do you mean too full?  What happened?  What did it feel like?  I think I might be too full, but I'm not sure.  I got my last fill last monday and since then I haven't been able to drink as much water as I used to, because I have to drink it  A LOT slower.

thanks for sharing.

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

renee K.
on 3/30/10 12:01 am - Augusta, GA
It not something you can actually feel in the band its just in the way you swallow and digest your food.  I could not actually eat food until around noon time coz i am always tight in the morning, but i couldnt even drink milk or water for breakfast.  a couple of sips and done-then it was stuck and it hurt and i threw up.  Food ohhhhhhhhh it was bad!  1 or 2 bites and again stuck (and this was after noon time whn I loosened up!!  So i would eat whatever would slide down-normally garbage I wasnt supposed to have, but i was just glad to be able to eat SOMETHING!  it was the worst 6 months of my life-.

My doc did a unfill under the xray machine, and i drank the nasty chalky crap we watched it go right down (praise God no slippage) then he filled me back to where i was.  we watched again and it would not go down, so he took out 1/2 cc and slowly it went down.  He left it at that and i am doing GREAT!  Restriction is about making you not be hungry..............not cutting off your food supply and nurtition....that was my lesson in being over filled.  

You do want to be able to eat slower and less amount and STOP after 15 minutes.  Eat your dense protein FIRST!  chicken, steak, fish etc, the if you still think you need to, and REALLY make sure you NEED to-then eat until you are satisfied.  Pefect restriction is exactly that!  I can drink my water at a slow guzzle after a hard workout and not get stuck.  BUT i am never hungry and i dont crave the sweet crap that i always "self medicated" with.  On the rare occassion that i do i drink a slimfast---i get my vitimans and minerals in from that.  I dont do protein shakes, my protein comes from the foods i eat. 

My son got married Saturday and he had german chocolate cake for his grooms cake (our fave!!) and i had a tiny bit of the cake and icing, and was happy! 

It wil slow you down, just dont let it stop you from eating.  and eat healthy.

Hope this helps.

you can e mail me if you want its    [email protected]

Most Active