Pain/Restriction after first fill 3.15.10

finnsisu
on 3/21/10 12:23 pm
I had my Realize band surgery on 2.15.10 in Little Rock, Ar, Baptist Hospital.  I felt great the following weeks, eating according to the plan given to me.  Last Monda (3.15) I had my first fill of 4CC.  On Wednesday I began experiencing pain in the port area if I move a certain way or take in a deep breath. I can't sleep on my left side either cause it hurts.

Then yesterday I began to feel really restricted. It took me over an hour to drink a protein drink. I had trouble eating 1/4 cup cottage cheese. And last night's supper came back up.

Today I went back to liquids. I think it takes too long to go down. I had soup and could eat only about 1-1/2 T and could feel it coming back up.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Will it go away? Or is it a sympton of a greater problem?
Thanks.
rich_in_nfpa
on 3/22/10 12:54 am - New Freedom, PA
I had my first 4 cc fill last week and I have not experienced anything like what you're experiencing. I strongly suggest you call your surgeon's office and tell them what's going on.

Let us know what they say.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 3/22/10 1:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
My Advice -- get off the board and CALL YOUR DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY !! 

I am not scaring you, but it's best to ask your Doctor. They would know.

IMHO sounds like you're too restricted, and need some taken out - however I could be wrong.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
ckb70
on 3/22/10 6:33 am - Morrisville, PA
Your port area will be sore...the needle has to go through scar tissue and sore muscle.  A lot of people can't sleep on their port side.  Remember after a fill you should stay on liquids for 48 hours.  You will be fine...it's an adjustment and it will get better. I would still call the doctor!
Most Active