Nsaids & Bands?

Considering_It
on 3/18/10 11:22 am
Just wondering if anyone was told not to take these. My hip bursitis is flaring up, and last year I had to take a prescription Nsaid (preband).  It really helped.  I figure I'll have to call my surgeon tomorrow to get a list of meds I can take before I contact the ortho.

conchita109
on 3/18/10 1:03 pm - Greencastle, PA
Well, I asked my doctor this yesterday and he said it would be okay to take some OCCASIONALLY but not long term. He was worried about irritation of the pouch. Check to see what yours says and let me know, ok? I only was wondering because if I get headaches, Tylenol does NOTHING but MOTRIN works well for me.

Thanks.

Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

Considering_It
on 3/19/10 4:52 am, edited 3/19/10 5:48 am

Spoke to my PA who advised that it either has to be liquid form or cut up w a lot of water to wa**** down so it's not sitting in the pouch.
Christina M.
on 3/19/10 8:22 am

You might want to try Voltaren gel. It is something that is applied topically and my PCP says that it has very little systemic absorption and doesn't even go in your stomach to irritate it. It is something that has been used in Europe for years and really works for my plantar fascitis.

Considering_It
on 3/19/10 10:33 am
Thanks for the suggestion - have never heard of this med before.  I'll discuss it with the ortho on Monday.
rich_in_nfpa
on 3/19/10 11:55 am - New Freedom, PA
My Mom's hands are crippled with arthritis and frequently cause her a lot of pain. The staff at her nursing home use Voltaren gel on them and it helps a lot. I had never heard of it either but it seems to do the trick.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Considering_It
on 3/22/10 11:30 am
FYI, I was rx'd liquid Naproxen.  I take it and then chug some water to flu**** through the band.  It is nasty tasting despite the attempt to put an orange flavor in it.
Most Active