What about Peanut Butter?

melslongjourney
on 3/23/10 3:50 am
I use natural peanut butter, when I tried to eat the smooth kind from the jar I gagged and choked for several minutes. I buy mine at whole foods, they have a machine with just peanuts (no salt) and you can grind your own. I get a pretty good sized tub about the size of reg jar for about $2.50 so it doesn't have to be expensive. I think you could look online to find what other stores carry it. 

I have used it since my soft food stage and it has helped me get through some days especially at work because I would eat about 1- 2tbs split up on 3 saltine crackers (the only crackers my doc allows) and I would be very happy and satisfied until my afternoon protein drink with no problem. I think some of the issues with peanut butter is the texture and the natural peanut butter I chew and have no problems. I think it's a crap shoot honestly, because what some eat others can't at all. What I do is try things out if they don't work I stay away for a bit and then try again, if it's still not working I just stay away and possibly try again later.

Good Luck!

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Most Active