Anyone in Dallas/Fort Worth???

melodyor2
on 3/16/10 3:07 am - Euless, TX
Hello all!  I am one month post op! 

I am in the DFW area, and just wanted to know if there are others near me! Also, my surgeon was Robert Snow out of Hurst, TX.....anyone use him? I would love to hear some feedback.  I just adore him!

-Nicole

Peaches24
on 3/16/10 10:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
I am in Ft worth, i am using Dr Smith..hadn't heard much about his work but he was reccomended, by one of my other Dr's that i trust and love. Heard about Dr Snow first though, how's the lap band going. I dont go in till Tuesday for my Psych and Nutrition.

melodyor2
on 3/16/10 11:27 am - Euless, TX
hello peaches!

well, as you know, i am one month out.  ive lost 13lbs, but this morning the scale was up 2lbs??? so whatev...11lbs.

anyway. the band is great.  the first week i was like....what have i done??
2 week was like ok, getting better...but am i ever going to move normally?

3 week its like nothing! my scars are healing nicely.

My doc put me on solids within the first week so I wanted to know if anyone has gone through that as well. SO many people are on liquids and soft foods for like 4 weeks and they lose alot more than I have because of it.  But I am not trippin about that anymore.  Steady as she goes...the weight is coming off.  Just not as fast as I intended for the first month.  I started exercising today. I get my first fill next week. So we should see more weight loss to come!

When is your date?

Peaches24
on 3/16/10 12:09 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I dont have a date per-se as of yet i am only scheduled for Psych and nutrition next week and thennnn we set a date.

I am not sure how he will do my post op meals..but i will be sure and let you know..

What did you mean by will you ever move normally again? hehe ok funny and not funny

How many scars do you have? ttyl..nite

melodyor2
on 3/16/10 2:41 pm - Euless, TX
Well, I moved really funny after surgery...Maybe it was all in my head but I was so terrified that I might bust open if I used any muscles in my stomach!!! I am insane! But, I have never had surgery in my life, so I had nothing to compare it to.

I have 3 lil incisions and one bigger one (for where the port is).

I am really excited for you! The psych eval is nothing...just a LOT of questions to ask.  I had to do 3 months of nutrition visits too, you will learn alot in these sessions!

Keep me posted my friend.

-NIcole
Jordiesmama69
on 3/16/10 9:27 pm - Roscoe, IL
hello. I am not from your area but I do go on a msg board that is based from there. DFW Bandsters on yahoo groups. May be helpful to you as well. Best of luck on your journey!
alidumas
on 3/18/10 2:13 pm
 I'm in DFW too!  Frisco, TX .  I used Dr. Veninga.  Its been ok so far.  I recovered nicely but my weight loss has been sllllooooowwww.  I'm down 23 lbs in 5 months.  I haven't lost any in 2 months though.  I'm very frustrated but he's only adding .5-1cc at each fill so its taking a long time.  I just started feeling a little restriction with the last fill so I'm praying that this next one I get next week hits the sweet spot.  Happy to meet some North Texans on here!
Most Active