Mush Pureed Recipes

LillieGracesMom
on 3/14/10 9:42 am
Hello to all,

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I am on pureed food now for the next three weeks.  I was wondering if anyone has any good recipes/suggestion on what to eat during this time.  I've had chicken salad, bean soup, lasagna, broccoli and cheese...all of which were super yummy.  Just wondering what everyone else ate during this time in their journey.

Thanks for sharing,
Heather

rich_in_nfpa
on 3/14/10 10:05 am - New Freedom, PA
Before my surgery I purchased a bariatric cookbook titled "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery" by Levine & Bontempo-Saray. The authors claim that they put special emphasis on recipes that taste good in either "solid" or "pureed" form. I tried a couple of the recipes before my surgery and found them tasty. I'm now in the pureed stage and I have to agree with the authors; everything I've made so far has been tasty when pureed. Maybe not visually appealing but definitely tasty.

I've made a couple of different omelets for breakfasts and run them through the food processor, I like the tuna mousse recipe & have it at least once a week, and I'm currently finishing off the last of the chicken and spinach adobo recipe.

Since the recipes are copyrighted I don't want to post them here. If you're interested, drop me a message and I'll send you some of my favorite recipes from the book. You can also check Amazon and see if any used copies are available. ISBN-13: 978-1-56924-453-1.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
sjohnson9206
on 3/15/10 3:11 am - Scipio, IN
I've been on soft foods for the last 2 weeks too with another 2 to go.  Mashed potatoes has been a fave of mine, that and cooked carrots.  I've also been living on soups and applesauce.  I also like my scrambled eggs with salsa in the AM!

I don't puree, but I chew very well and try and eat slowly.. seems to be working so far.

Samantha
Twinels2
on 3/17/10 11:46 am - Morgantown , PA
I got great ideas from the videos and recepies on weightlosssurgerychannel.com. The guy on there shows you how to cook the recepie and you can print it out as well. There is a ton of other great info on there too.
I am on soft foods now too :) How greatful I am just to be eating "real" food. I love gordons fish fillets in the small yellow box with 2 fillets in them. They have many flavors and even taste great in the microwave and stay moist. Hope this helps.
Shrinking Sharon

Most Active