Realize mySuccess

Life is a Beach
on 3/12/10 11:32 am
Does anyone know where to enter your Daily Nutrition Goals on the Realize my Success site? I see on the Patient Progress Summary Report next my Food Diary a space that says Patient Entered Daily Nutrition Goals for Calories, Fat, Carbs and Protein but I have no idea where to enter them on the site. I could call the help line but thought maybe someone on here might know.
Thanks!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
Chantel L.
on 3/12/10 1:00 pm - Orlando, FL
I haven't been on it to track anything because I sort of just do it here. Have you felt like it helps you?
 The Incredible Shrinking Tel        
Life is a Beach
on 3/12/10 1:04 pm, edited 3/12/10 1:05 pm
I'm trying to do it all in one place and using the food diary there now. I have to see how it goes. I haven't found one perfect way for me so far.

I have to say that I really like the summary reports and the way you can set up the pictures.
cockpit2001
on 3/12/10 3:11 pm - Birmingham, AL
I just started logging in to the Realize my Success site just a couple of days ago, but i find it difficult to use. Maybe i need to poke around on there some more. Not very intuitive to me.
KKSUNSHINE
on 3/12/10 9:18 pm
****pit I agree I find that it isn't that user friendly.
Highest weight - 261/ Current weight- 186.4/ Goal weight- 155
Follow my journey on You Tube....bamagirl7995
nkara
on 3/13/10 12:34 am
 I don't use it as much as I should I guess. But on the left side of the screen there are "tabs" for different areas.  Click on those and you can track your exercise and food intake.  
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

rich_in_nfpa
on 3/13/10 11:33 am - New Freedom, PA
I've actually found the Spark People food diary the easiest to use. www.sparkpeople.com You can use the nutrition goals it automatically generates for you or override them with what your nutritionist or doctor gives you. I've found the Realize  mySuccess website to be awkward and slow. I'd really like to use it so my doctor can see my progress (or lack thereof) but I'm still getting used to it.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Life is a Beach
on 3/13/10 12:07 pm
I was using just a small notebook myself but then I thought I'd go back to the Realize site to see if I could make it work and also because it is specifically for patients like us. So, with that in mind, maybe we could use it and give them more feedback to make it better for us and easier for us to use too.
rich_in_nfpa
on 3/14/10 12:41 pm - New Freedom, PA
I spent several hours last night copying nutritional information from foods I had entered on SparkPeople.com over to REALIZEmySUCCESS. I'm going to make a real effort to use mySUCCESS because of its visibility to my surgeon and nutritionist. It still feels a little clunky to me but maybe I'll get used to it.

YAY! I finally stumbled across the place where you can set your nutrition goals! Click on the apple icon on the left and then click on myFoodDiary under myNutrition.. You should see the Summary Data in the lower left quadrant of the page. In the lower right hand corner of the Summary Data block is a link marked "Edit Goals". Click that and another page opens where the nutrition goals can be entered.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Life is a Beach
on 3/14/10 1:25 pm
On March 14, 2010 at 7:41 PM Pacific Time, rich_in_nfpa wrote:
I spent several hours last night copying nutritional information from foods I had entered on SparkPeople.com over to REALIZEmySUCCESS. I'm going to make a real effort to use mySUCCESS because of its visibility to my surgeon and nutritionist. It still feels a little clunky to me but maybe I'll get used to it.

YAY! I finally stumbled across the place where you can set your nutrition goals! Click on the apple icon on the left and then click on myFoodDiary under myNutrition.. You should see the Summary Data in the lower left quadrant of the page. In the lower right hand corner of the Summary Data block is a link marked "Edit Goals". Click that and another page opens where the nutrition goals can be entered.
Thanks so much! Hooray I was able to enter my nutrition goals. I am now using all aspects of the Realize site and hoping it will work toward more success as they say. Good for you for putting it more nutritional informaion. I wish we could access each other's info for all foods too so that all that work would help others out too. I've entered quite a bit too and also some from recipes that I use like Butterfly's Ricotta cups and a broccoli quiche I found on another site. Thanks again Rich!
Most Active