So many firsts...

theflowerlady
on 3/12/10 1:22 am
I am about 4 1/2 months post lap band.  Today I had my first "true" pb/sliming episode...don't want to do that again anytime soon.

I also hit a personal "first" goal and have lost 50 lbs.  Now, I am on my way to my "second" personal goal...that is 75 lbs. (I am setting my goals in 25 lb. increments).

I took a new job in Omaha, NE...it didn't work out, so, I am now back in TX.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend, so, I will start walking...I hate any kind of exercise...so, this is another "first"...my desire to go for a walk.

While in Omaha, I went out to eat w/my sister a few times and discovered that I don't enjoy eating as much as I thought I did...

My cousin bought me a pullover shirt for HER b-day (I found out when my cousin has a b-day, EVERYONE in her household gets a gift!)  The shirt is a 26/28...that and 3x's are what I have worn forever...there was NO snugness, no pulling...in fact, the shirt kind of "hung" on me!  YIPPEE!!!  I am almost ready to go to a 24...

It may take me longer than others to reach the 100lb. club, but, I will reach it!  At 268, this is the least I have weighed in probably 20 years!  Still a ways to go, but I am going to get there!

I am such a loser and proud to say it!

BooLicious
on 3/12/10 2:24 am - PA
Way to go!  The NSV's are what keep me motivated and going.  The SV's definitely help too.  You are doing a great job and you will get there. 

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Kim U.
on 3/12/10 2:24 am
Congrats! And you will have many many more NSV while you wait for that 100lbs to come off. Keep up the great work! 
199 here I come! 

Tom C.
on 3/12/10 4:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Flowerlady CONGRATS on all your accomplishments!! Keep it up (or off) !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Twinels2
on 3/12/10 9:21 am - Morgantown , PA
Wow that is a wonderful goal to reach. I made my first small gaol of going under 220. My next goal is under 200. I am only 10 days out so I have a ways to go. Congrats on all your nsv.
Shrinking Sharon

conchita109
on 3/14/10 11:29 am - Greencastle, PA
AWESOME job Sharon!!!
Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

Chantel L.
on 3/12/10 1:02 pm - Orlando, FL
You're doing great! :) It's so awesome that you can feel a difference in your clothing. Before you know it you'll be shopping for a much smaller size! ;) And who cares how long it takes you to get to the 100 club - we're all on this journey together and we're here to cheer each other on! I'm proud of your accomplishment!
 The Incredible Shrinking Tel        
Cynthia1968
on 3/18/10 12:34 pm - Waynesboro, PA
Forgive me, but I'm new to this... What are "NSV"s or "SV"s? 

Most Active