REALIZE vs. Lap-Band forum. Question, please

Gloria S.
on 3/12/10 12:08 am, edited 3/12/10 12:18 am - Lexington, MA
Can someone please explain to me why we have 2 separate forums here on OH for the Lap-band and REALIZE band?  I find myself posting on both forums.

The list of surgical forums includes: DS, Fobi Pouch, Lap-Band, Mini Gastric Bypass, Plastic Surgery, REALIZE band, Revision, RNY, VBG, and VSG.  

I’m in my 4th year, and maintaining a normal weight since December 2007 – which by definition means I have a Lap-Band, since the REALIZE band was not yet available in the US when I was banded.  The way I see it, we are all part of the same banded living community, with similar journeys, joys and challenges.  We can all learn and find support from each other.  Does anyone know the benefit of separate forums?

Banded 8/16/2006; Dr. Billy, Ventura, CA; maintaining since 12/2007

For more lap band inspiration and information visit
www.bandedliving.com

Confused about whether or not surgery is for you, read my book "Is Lap Band Surgery for Me?, available on amazon
BooLicious
on 3/12/10 2:13 am - PA
Nope, I think it should just be the "Gastric Banding" forum.  I used to post here at the beginning cause I had the realize band, but it was really slow at that time and barely any new posts so I went over to the Lap Band forum cause it is so much busier and has tons of valuable advice and great people.  Wish they would just merge them.

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Tom C.
on 3/12/10 4:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

The reason is because they are two separate companies (Allergan vs. Ethicon). While either band is basically the same, there are very slight differences between the two.

I too peruse both boards.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Chantel L.
on 3/12/10 1:04 pm - Orlando, FL
I have a Realize band too, but I go on the Lap-Band forum a lot because there are a lot of posters there. I like to check this one, too because I gotta hang with my Realize peeps. I agree, they should be together but there's nobody stopping me from posting in both. :)
 The Incredible Shrinking Tel        
nkara
on 3/13/10 12:36 am
 I agree they should just merge them. I didn't realize at first there were two separate boards and now I go to both. The one for LapBand patients is a lot more active than this one. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Most Active