Getting my first fill on the 24th!

melodyor2
on 3/10/10 11:50 am - Euless, TX
Hello everyone out there!

I am 3 weeks post op and 13lbs down....

I am getting my first fill in 2 weeks exactly.  What should I expect? Will I need to call out of work for that day?

Also, my surgeon had me on solids one week out, so i am nervous about eating after i am restricted.. I am eating less now than normal but i know it is more than i am supposed to after i have the fill. 

Do you get the full filling before its to late?

Appreciate an advice!

Peace n love.

-Nicole

snedly318
on 3/10/10 12:52 pm - Mine Hill, NJ

Hello Nicole!

I just got my 2nd fill yesterday.  My first fill wasn't enough but yesterday seems to have hit the spot!  Following the fill I was on a clear liquid diet for 24 hours then progressing to full liquids then soft foods.  I had a small shake and isopure today plus a small amount of pureed lentil soup.  I have found that I gulp too much air, and if I go too fast I get intense pain that lasts seconds to minutes.  I can tolerate this though as I learn how to appropriately use this tool/band.  I don't get the full feeling early....not yet....gotta get used to not gulping first, I think that is my biggest problem...gulping air while drinking.

You will do great!!!!  Keep us updated.

Karen

Snedly318
mrbillclark
on 3/11/10 2:28 am - Holbrook, MA
 I haven't noticed any difference after my first fill. I feel exactly as I did before surgery. I was in the doctor's office for all of 2 minutes to get the fill so if you need to take the day off depends on how far from your doctor you are. 

bridget1970
on 3/11/10 7:01 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17
Hi there:
  I go for my first fill on March 29th.  I know that you don't need to take the day off or anything like that.  I too lost 13lbs so far.  I know that was from being on clear liquids for a total of 8 days and then when I went to my first post-op appointment with the surgeon last monday I was down 13 pounds.  Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Tom C.
on 3/11/10 7:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Nicole,

First congrats on your weight loss - you're such A LOSER :D - and that's a GREAT THING.

As for a fill, it's basically nothing. Most Doctors numb the area and then do the fill. Some do it under fluoroscope, other don't. It takes no more than 10 minutes.

Keep us posted how things go.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active