Just banded! 3/8/10 - newbie

cockpit2001
on 3/10/10 6:46 am - Birmingham, AL
Hello all, Just wanted to introduce myself. Just banded on Tuesday and am recovering fine. I am glad I did it b/c i was putting it off for a while due to fear of surgery.

Lost 5 lbs already on the liquid diet for the past 4 days.

I am sure I will have alot of questions in the future. glad to be here.
patti S.
on 3/10/10 7:23 am - Millsboro, DE
keep us updated on your progress. right now I am on a pre surgery all liquid diet, surgery is on the 16th. I must say I'm not crazy about it, but I'll survive. sounds like you are doing fine so far.
Patti S.            
Considering_It
on 3/10/10 9:14 am
Congrats & welcome to the Loser's Bench :)  Glad your recovery is going well!
LillieGracesMom
on 3/10/10 10:35 am
Welcome to the group.  I was banded on 3/4/10 and start pureeds tomorrow!  Glad I made this decision and it sounds like you are, too.  Hope you have a speedy recovery and best of luck on your journey!
-Heather

Tom C.
on 3/11/10 7:32 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
WELCOME ****PIT2001 to the Loser's Bench in the Winner's circle. We always have room for another sibling !! Know we're here if you need us.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
cockpit2001
on 3/11/10 4:29 pm - Birmingham, AL
Thanks guys!

I am 4 days out now and feel pretty good. Still pretty sore, so I am taking it easy at home. I switched to full liquids today and started protien supplements (yummy). I ate some Tomato soup today and I never knew 4 oz of soup could taste so good. I was very full afterwards. I am gonna go to walmart tomorrow and buy a strainer so I can eat some cream of chicken soup (yea!).

So far so good with the diet. I really have not been hungry, but have obsessed about solid food a few times. A few sips of water seems to fill me up and make it pass though. According to my home scale, I have lost 10 lbs already (347 presurgery - 336.8 this morning). So, I am pretty excited about that. At this rate, I will be skinny in a couple of months (jk, i know it does not work this way).

Although I know my band is empty, I feel very restricted already. When I sit in certian positions or lay down a certian way, I feel a "lump" in my chest where the band is. Also, when I breathe deeply, I feel a strange sensation in the same place. Not sure if this is normal or not. It is not painful, but is slightly uncomfortable.

Thanks for reading.
conchita109
on 3/14/10 12:17 pm - Greencastle, PA
I am on post-op Day 5 and I have had the sensations in your chest that you are referring to. I was also told I had a hiatal hernia they had to repair prior to putting in my band. I was told that some of this pain is from the hernia repair. Today, it was better.

I hear you about the restriction. I just ate a little sugar-free pudding and feel almost full....not stuffed but content. That is awesome! I am only getting in about 800 calories a day and I almost feel queasy when I think of the protein shakes...they are tooo sweet for me. I am diluting them a little more and it seems to help.

I just need to work on getting my protein intake up more. I guess we will be on this journey together! I cannot wait! I am soooo excited to get healthy again!

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the loser's bench (as they call it)..good luck on your journey! In the few days that I have been a member on here, I have found these boards to be VERY helpful!!

Connie
Everything happens for a reason so, I am taking it a step at a time. I can do it!      

Tammy G.
on 3/16/10 10:22 am - Indian Trail, NC
First - welcome and good luck. 

I'm two months out now and have lost 33 lbs.  I had that feeling when you lay down or sit in certain positions also - I think it was swelling in the area.  Its almost all gone now but I found that when I exercise heavily I must re-aggrivate it a little bit because the soreness comes back.

But what I know for sure is it gets better over time.

Good luck.

Most Active