Pain after surgery

Fiesty56
on 3/9/10 7:32 am
I just had surgery yesterday, Monday 8, 2010.  Of course the incision sites are sore, but I have the worst indigestion.  I can barely get down water and I'm afraid I'll get dehydrated.  I have Prevacid, which I started today.  The doctor did repair a hiatul hernia during surgery.  Could this by why I'm having this problem?  Has anyone had this happen to them?
LillieGracesMom
on 3/9/10 8:21 am
I just had surgery on 3/4/10 and I did not have that problem.  Of course, I did not have the hiatal hernia repaired either, so that may be your problem. 
Hope it gets better and that you are able to get your water down.
Best of luck,
Heather

Fiesty56
on 3/10/10 12:53 am
I am feeling better today.  You're already down 19 lbs?  I haven't weighed yet.
LillieGracesMom
on 3/10/10 2:15 am
I made a rule not to weigh myself at home.  I had a meeting with the nutritionist yesterday and she weighed me.  I go back to the surgeon in a week, so that will be my next weigh in.  I don't want to get obsessed with numbers, so I don't even have a scale at home.  That may change, but for now, I think it's a good idea for me.
Best of luck to you.
-Heather

rich_in_nfpa
on 3/10/10 4:51 am - New Freedom, PA
I also had a hiatal hernia the size of a Winnebago repaired at the same time as I got my band. My diaphragm was sore for days but that's to be expected. I didn't have any indigestion but I had zero hunger -- I had to force myself to get my 64 ounces of liquids in.

I'm glad you're feeling better now. After 2 weeks the only "issue" I'm still having is where my port is. If I bend the wrong way (like picking up something on the passenger-side floor from the driver's seat) I get a stitch in my side where my port is. Other than that I feel no discomfort from any of my surgery sites.

Welcome to the loser's bench!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Considering_It
on 3/10/10 9:15 am
Try sugar free popsicles to help from getting dehydrated.  Hope you are feeling better soon!
Alisha R.
on 3/10/10 10:39 am - Plant City, FL
I had a hiatal hernia too and I found that the pain and indegestion was from the gas!
Alisha
Im in the 200's YAY!!!!
Come check out my clothing exchage site 
www.weightlossclothingexchange.blogspot.com 

Most Active