Help!!!

LillieGracesMom
on 3/7/10 10:13 am
Guys and gals, I need help.  I was banded on Thursday of last week and I am literally starving.  My mom is in town to help and she has been wonderful at preparing meals for my family and making cookies with the kids, but I cannot even stand to be on the same level of the house with the food because I want to stuff it in my mouth.  I didh't expect to be so hungry the first week.  I am getting in all my protein (over 80 grams) and staying between 700 and 800 cals. except today I went over to 820.  How on earth am I going to make it until next Thursday when I can start mushies?  Any suggestions or advice?  Did any of you feel this way right after your surgery?
Please  help.
Thanks,
Heather

LillieGracesMom
on 3/7/10 10:14 am
Also, forgot to mention I can drink an 8 oz. protein meal replacement shake made with milk in less than 10 minutes.  I have not restriction at all.

Considering_It
on 3/7/10 10:56 am, edited 3/7/10 10:57 am
What has worked for me is eating sugar free jello, or having a cup of tea or broth.  Also, stay far away from the kitchen, and stay in your bedroom if that's what you need to do.  Oh yeah, and tell your mother not to bake anymore this week!  You will make it,  I promise.

I think you are lucky - I was on clear liquids (jello, water, crystal light, broth, popsicles) the first week.

Try putting ice in your shakes to thicken them up too.
nkara
on 3/7/10 11:31 am
 I started to add a tablespoon of reduced fat peanut butter to my protein shakes and that helped me a lot.  if you have to add one more shake then do it.  It's not a bad thing. 
 Realize Band 11/2009 ... revision to RNY 12/27/11. 

Hill_Star
on 3/7/10 2:14 pm
I was banded Monday March 1st and I'm like you. I'm feeling starved too. I also can get in 8 oz as long as I take one sip at a time and can do that under 10 minutes also.  Although when I do I'm full for a while. I have a question for you. I'm having a hard time with heart burns and am taking pepcid for it and its not working at all. I thought that we wouldn't have heart burns after having lap band or was told that anyways. Also did you have this lump feeling in your throat?? I've this lump feeling in my throat every since the 2 day of my band and its really getting to me. I sooo miss not being able to just soak a bottle of water down when I would get a heart burn. You'll be ok. We can make it...we just gotta try like hell to make it worth it. Best wishes
Most Active