Home from the hospital and feeling good!

LillieGracesMom
on 3/6/10 7:03 am
Well, I finally made it home late last night.  Had some unnecessary agravation at the hospital, but nothing to do with the surgery.  Surgery went well, had some nausea right after but after that I was feeling pretty good.  (Sure do love the morphine pump.)  I was up and walking the halls about 3 hours after surgery.  Throat was extremely soar, but very thankful for ice chips.  Also, yesterday morning I was able to have 2 oz. of chicken broth, which I have never been so thankful for.  It tasted so good.  I haven't experienced not being hungry.  I've been hungry ever since I woke up from surgery.  I just finished 2 Tbs. of yogurt (in which I added my crushed medicine).  Trying to sip, sip, sip the water as much as I can.  My kids are being extra sweet to me.  They brought me flowers at home and keep asking what they can do to help me.  My hubby and Mom (who came in from Chicago) are a godsend.  Don't know what I'd do without them.  I'm glad to be home, but wish I wasn't feeling so hungry.  I thought that this week I wouldn't feel too hungry, but I suppose everyone is different.  I am keeping a log of what I eat and when so I make sure I don't overdo it and end up making myself sick.
The doctor made four small incisions, not including the one for the port which is rather high up.  Definitely won't be wearing a bra for a while.  Hoping to take a short walk around the block this afternoon after it warms up a bit. 
Thanks to all for your care and concern.  I've made the decision not to weigh myself at all until I go back to the docs next week.  So, I'll update you later with any weight loss.  Right now I'm still pretty swollen from the air and all the fluids they were pumping into me.
Thanks,
Heather

Considering_It
on 3/6/10 7:37 am
Glad that your on the mend :)  Sorry to hear that you are hungry though :(  Perhaps some sugarfree jello would help.  I noticed that for the most part when I am physically hungry, my stomach makes crazy dragon noises, but it doesn't hurt like it used to (hunger pains). 

I also log my food (and excercise) at www.dailyplate.com.

Be well!
tmminor
on 3/6/10 9:13 am
REALIZE Band on 03/10/10 with
I'm glad to hear that everything went well.  Take it easy and let your family take care of you.  My big day is Wednesday..

KKSUNSHINE
on 3/6/10 10:30 am

Heather it is good to hear that you came through surgery well. I know you were really anticipating this day. Congrats!!
I am sure you will do well. Keep us all posted.

Tom C.
on 3/8/10 2:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Glad to see you're doing well !! Keep us updated, and glad to offically have you on the Loser's Bench in our Winner's Circle !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active