Question

auntie4755
on 2/25/10 9:29 am - Riverbank, CA
Is it normal to eat a little over your daily calorie intake during menstration? I was banded in January..and today after logging my intake..I'm about 400 calories over......should I freak out or go with the natural flow? ( no pun intended)

Angela :)

Tom C.
on 2/25/10 10:29 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

ADVICE WARNING: THIS IS ONLY MY ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN IN LIEU OF DOCTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS ..

Eating an extra 400 calories once is fine. Doing it daily, I would be concerned. Remember you're not going to be perfect EVERYDAY, but if you're close to perfect 345 to 350 days a year, you'll do fine.

Food for thought (no pun intended) - Remember 3500 calories equals one pound. So if you eat an extra 500 calories per day, in one week's time you will gain one pound. And if you decrease your calories 500 per day, in a week's time you will lose one pound.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
nutbat
on 2/25/10 9:26 pm
Tom, I am new to this site, but everytime I see one of  your posts it makes me smile! Thanks for reminding us to self-accept and quit beating ourselves over the head with a stick when we screw up even a little. It brightens my day.

Angela, I eat however many calories it takes to fill me up. If that happens to be 800 over one day, well, then tomorrow's another day and at least I'm not hungry.

Best,
Julie
Tom C.
on 2/26/10 12:02 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Julie,

Thanks for the kind words. I needed it today !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active