Anyone had fluroscopy?

sususam08
on 2/25/10 10:18 am - Dallas, NC
I went to the MD Monday, and I have to go Monday for Fluoroscopy.  She wants to look at my band with fluro.  I am having restriction, not hungry between meals, but only lost 2 lbs in 6 weeks.  She didn't want to do another band fill with restriction.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I feel I should have lost more pounds but clothes are much looser, lost 2 sizes.  Just unsure what to do now.  We don't have any problem with band fills .

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/26/10 11:42 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I have all my fills done under Fluoro. I lay down on a table and they put something like a xray machine over me then the Dr can see the position of your band and also see how the liquid go down.  I really like it because the Dr can see how tight I am.    Not sure what a Fluoroscope is.
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Tom C.
on 2/26/10 7:24 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I too have my fills under fluoro. Except feeling like the Frankenstein's monster it's no problem (except the barium isn't great tasting).

No need to worry about why your Doctor is doing this, be grateful they are. Sounds like a fantastic Doctor who is just checking everything out.

As for your weight loss, don't be too concerened. The following questions I always ask in this case are

Are you following ALL the RULES your Doctor set for you? - Not some, but all?

Are you getting all your Protein (approx 60 to 80 grams)? - make sure you are meeting your daily protein requirements. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO WEIGHT LOSS.

Are you eating enough? -   The body is a marvelous machine, and it will protect itself. If one doesn’t eat enough, the body’s metabolism will slow down - in order to keep itself functioning. If a person intake is less then what it expels, the body will start to “store" food.

Are you working out? – your weight loss may seem to have slowed (or stopped), when in fact you are replacing fat with muscle. Muscle is heavier then fat. Someone weighting 200 pounds with a body fat percentage of 25 is carrying around 50 pounds of extra fat. That same person weighting 200 pounds with 10 percent body fat would be carrying 20 pounds of fat. So it’s not the number that is important.

It appears you had your band since the past June, is this the first time you concerned about the amount of weight loss? Could just be a stall, which is normal. It seems the body “catches on" to what we have been doing, and holds onto everything. After a while, the lost restarts and things go well.

Do you have a lot more to lose in order to be at goal?

Again, don't be too concerned. Take one step at a time.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active