REALIZE vs. LapBand

san63
on 2/23/10 8:41 am
Hello there...I was wondering if there were any differences in the 2 types of bands? Ani information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Sandy
leigh123
on 2/23/10 11:38 am
Sandy,
I really think it's just your surgeon's preference..I had the realize band put in Friday...I told my surgeon it was up to him and he said his personal choice was the realize band...something about the port was easier to put in place...other than that he said it was no different...good luck!!
LillieGracesMom
on 2/23/10 8:58 pm
I heard with the Realize band that there is less chance of slippage since it is wider than the Lap Band.  I am having the Realize band put in next week.  Hope this helps and best of luck on becoming a "loser."
-Heather

Tom C.
on 2/24/10 12:37 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
As I tell folks it's like the difference between a Honda and a Toyota .. or maybe I should say between a Ford and Chrysler .. ok, something better - but you get the picture.

If you want specific differences, either check this board (use the search feature in the upper right area) or send me a personal message and I can give you the differences.

Finally, remember it's not the band that actually does this for you. The band is only a tool. YOU need to follow the instructions set for you to be successful.

Good luck !! And no matter which band you try, come back here !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
kimberlina180
on 2/25/10 1:53 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
my nurse said they are the same, if one was better they would only offer that one.
LuvlyLissa1026
on 3/9/10 10:07 am
 I was told the ports are easier to place, there is less chance of slippage due to "grippers" and the band itself is a continuous, smooth, circular band on the Realize Band where the Lap Band was a little more like 3-4 pillows.  My doctor's office only offers the Realize Band.
Most Active