I'm Done and Ready!

LillieGracesMom
on 2/22/10 6:13 am
Had my last doc's appt. today before surgery next week.  All tests came back good so I'm a go for surgery.  Can't wait to get my band.  I've already lost 8 pounds on my own, since Jan. 15th.  I hope to lose a lot more once I have the right tools to do it.
Thanks for all the support you all have given.
-Heather

Beckyonthebeach
on 2/22/10 8:26 am - Vero Beach, FL
Yea!! Our date is really getting close. I meet with my surgeon tomorrow. Congrats on the 8 lbs.
Considering_It
on 2/22/10 9:16 am
March 4th will be here before you know it!  I'm saving you a spot next to me on the LB :)
lilystar
on 2/22/10 10:26 am - Springfield, VA
woohoo! Very excited for you both! I still can't believe how fast my day came!, yours will be here in No Time!!

melslongjourney
on 2/22/10 10:17 pm
YAY!!!!!
I know you are getting excited, it's a awesome thing to have the right tools to do what you have been trying to do. Sounds like your ready to roll and my only post surgery advice is give yourself enough time to rest, drink lots of fluid (or as much as you can), and try to walk every hour or so for about 5 minutes. I just walked up and down the hallway but it made a world of diffrence in the gas that was built up in my abdomen from surgery. Oh and take your pain meds if you need them, there's nothing wrong in taking meds because you just had surgery!

Here's to a healthy future for all!

~Melissa~
SW/326 CW/224 GW/175
~ 4cc added in 11cc realize- C band~ 02/08/10~
~1 cc added 03/08/10
~1 cc added 05/03/10
~ 1cc added 07/26/10
~ .05 cc added 09/09/10
~ .05 cc added 01/06/11
~ .25 cc added 06/06/11

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 2/23/10 12:24 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
Congratulation to both of you.  Your date will be here before you know it.  Were making room for you here on the loser's bench. 
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

LillieGracesMom
on 2/23/10 1:44 am
Thanks guys!  I plan on taking that advice about walking.  Everyone I've spoken too (nurses, etc.) recommend the same thing.  Walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip.
Can't wait to be a "loser"!
-Heather

terri64
on 2/23/10 4:25 am - Houston, TX
You'll be fine Heather...I was so scared but once I had surgery i was doing great...Walking helps and remember to follow the instruction they give you and drink slowly...they gave me ice instead of water. It made my tummy feel good.
I'm on my way to a healthier life style.                    
Tom C.
on 2/23/10 6:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Heather can't wait for you to join our ever increasing constantly decreasing family !! Keep us posted.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
tramsdale1
on 2/23/10 9:11 pm - Remington, VA

That's great.  We are have our monthly support group meeting tomorrow in Warrenton.  Hope to you there.

Most Active