Feeling of restriction?

vinsa
on 2/20/10 1:36 pm, edited 2/20/10 1:46 pm - Canton, GA
What does restriction feel like? I had a fill a few days ago & am back on mushy food today. I  am still very hungry and can eat pretty much like before the fill. I do notice the necessity to eat & drink much slower.  I am burping a lot too. Also, Is it possible to not feel it right after a fill & maybe feel it days later?
James M.
on 2/21/10 12:26 pm - SAGINAW, MN
I did not feel restriction untill about my fifth fill,I now have 9.4 cc in my 11 cc band,restriction does take time and you get filled a little at a time.
Yes it is very possible that you might not feel it right away also it may come and go mysteriously, like one day you can eat that whole salad and tomorrow 3 bites.
Just hang in there it definitely gets better with time and more fills.
MARTY

Tom C.
on 2/21/10 8:22 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
How did your Doctor do the fill? Did they use a fluoroscope or did it "blind" (poke and hope)? Fluoroscopy gives a better chance of feeling the best fill - but a "tight" fill can get loose in a few days. Think of it as a belt notch. If you lose weight, the stomach will shrink, and that one belt notch now needs to be moved to a lower one.

Give it time and see what happens. If you feel you need another, contact your Doctor. That's why we have this TOOL.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
vinsa
on 2/22/10 8:43 am - Canton, GA
My doctor did this fill in his office but plans on doing the next one(3rd) under fluoro. I did notice today that I felt fuller for longer & did not even notice that I did not have an afternoon snack or a mid morning snack. At dinner tonight I was able to eat as much food as I did before this fill and hopefully I will feel the full feeling for longer. I am having to be very watchful of chewing enough & not eating too fast.

Thanks for the reply.
Most Active