traveling by air

Randy Z.
on 2/19/10 7:15 am - Charlotte, NC
Anyone flown since having the band?  I will be flying out tomorrow for the first time since surgery and was wondering if there was any problems such as going though security to any problems at a higher altitude.

Thanks
HW 288 --  4/1/09 at 277.8 --  SW 268.8
Realize band 10/19/09

LillieGracesMom
on 2/19/10 9:21 am
I'd be happy to know people's responses as I will be travelling three weeks after my surgery next month.

Tammy G.
on 2/19/10 10:26 am - Indian Trail, NC
No problems what so ever.   I flew three weeks after surgery (it was just last week) from Charlotte NC to Dallas Texas.    No problems going through security and no issues on the flight.  I did take my soft pillow to put on my stoma*****ase I needed it - but it wasn't necessary.

Also - on the return flight I put Adkins protein drink in luggage which I carried on.  Security did stop and search my bad because of it.  I told them I had had surgery and it was one of the few things I could eat.   The tested it and let me proceed with it.

Tom C.
on 2/19/10 9:30 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I flew with no problems. No buzzer, no bells, no whistles - but I also carry my Realize Band card around just in case.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
patti S.
on 2/20/10 2:32 am - Millsboro, DE
has anyone traveled with protein powder in a container to use with water on the plane, will that pass inspection? I actually have a long flight after banding, it will be 10 hours, I'm sure I can take protein bars , any other ideas??
Patti S.            
Tom C.
on 2/20/10 6:38 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I put baggies of protein drink with me and put in my check in luggage. I think I put a bag in my carry-on and had no problems. That's not saying you may not. Also, I had chocolate - so it looked less likely than "illegal" substance and/or Anthrax.

I always suggest calling the airline, speak to a MANAGER and see what they suggest. Maybe they can put a note in your itinerary. Also, see if the Doctor will write you a note to have on your person. Finally, if you have the Realize band card - that could help too.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
patti S.
on 2/20/10 7:29 am - Millsboro, DE
Thanks, Tom, you seem to be the the'band guru', a lot of experience & knowledge, thanks for taking the time to help so many people in need.
Patti S.            
Tom C.
on 2/20/10 9:30 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
So are you nicely saying I'm come off as a know it all   !!

To be honest, I am far from being a band guru. I am still learning everyday. Just sharing either my experiences or experiences of others. I just want to give back to a device that has changed my life. And if I can help those who are beginning this journey, so be it  !!

Tom

patti S.
on 2/20/10 9:54 pm - Millsboro, DE
no, no ,no, not a 'know it all', you have lived with your band for quite some time now & it is great to have someone around that might have the answers. if not the answers some ideas or even a pep talk, you are wonderful for trying to help! I think everyone here appreciates you a LOT! have a great day, Tom!
Patti S.            
Tom C.
on 2/21/10 2:35 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I was just pulling your leg. Thanks for the compliment.

Tom

Most Active