Accountability

BooLicious
on 2/24/10 10:43 pm - PA
I think my biggest struggle was getting a good plan that worked for me.  I knew the changes I needed to make, we trashed any unhealhty snacks or junk in our house a long time ago.  It was breaking down and making them permanent that was hard.  We have though and we are all so much healhtier.  Also, I realized I needed meal planning to stay on "the plan".  It was a pain at first but now I can do it in my head and jot things down on my white board that I will need for that week.  I also try and make something on Sunday that can get me through the week, at least a couple meals, like a big pot of turkey veggie chili, WW taco soup, turkey meat loaf, a light version of chicken salad, egg salad.  They are probably my faves.  Also, after I got banded I realized I NEEDED to start cooking more and outside my norm and good ole comfort zone.  I think that has made such a change.  I actually enjoy it and love finding new recipes.  So, even though some things may seem like a pain, they are all worth it.  Take the changes one at a time and make small goals.  If you are eating any breads, pastas or rice...trade everything for all whole grain breads and pastas and brown rice.  Also, get a huge bag of veggies at Walmart.  I love the broccoli, cauliflour and carrots and make some with every meal.  I still will have some carbs at dinner but it's amazing how much I DO NOT miss them now and I know that has REALLY helped, especially since my biggest problem area is my belly.  You can do it though and if you have not cleaned house of all the temptations, I would make that the first step.  :)  Hang in there, it's tough to get into a routine but you CAN do it.  :)  

Boo

04/20/2009- Started Pre-Op Diet at 281 pounds
09/16/2009- Had Surgery at 248 pounds
11/19/2009- 1st fill of 4 cc's
12/15/2009-
2nd Fill of 1 cc
01/28/2010- 3rd Fill of .5 cc
04/01/2010- 4th Fill of .3 cc

Ultimate Goal Weight:  140

Arlene F.
on 2/24/10 11:19 pm
Yes Boo...I think I do need a plan...Pretty much shooting off the cuff...ya know I plan our dinner meals.  I try to NOT eat white bread anymore, ever...I buy wheat bread and rye.  However, sometimes white stuff creeps in. My biggest problem is coffee with real sugar in it.  I know I should just stop drinking coffee altogether.  But slowly but surely the changes are bing made in this house.  I find myself buying better foods for dinner and eating much less.  I exercise faithfully but its not enough...I have to cut some stuff out...My scale is not moving.  I need to have a weight loss to get motivated.  I think I will do liquids and soft for a couple a days to jumpstart me.
I am writing down all my choices now ...good and bad....however I wish I didn't make the Bad choices...Kudos to me...for eating the burger but not the bread...but how come my hand went into the cookie jar?  It's just such a mental block for me...and with a couple feet of snow on the ground, going out and working outside is not an option.  I know I need to perservere....Since there will be no gym in my future today, I am going to make a path to the treadmill and walk on it and I guess shovel snow.
Like right now...I sipped my coffee and am Now hungry...my mind is thinking of all the Snow comfort foods I could be eating, cooking or whatever...it's a struggle...I guess I am an addict.
I am going to get a protein bar before I eat something bad.

Thank you so much for the positive strokes and the suggestions...I know I have to use better judgement and discipline...I want so badly to be on the losers bench.

Arlene

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5q5YtQ/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5q5YtQ/weight.png">>

Most Active